See all job listings
Group Facilitator/Case Manager
The Fortune Society
Reports to: Director of Housing Services
Status: Full-Time; Regular; Non- Exempt
Days/Hours: Depending on program needs with some Evening hours.
Date Prepared: October 16, 2017
This individual will be responsible for facilitating groups for Fortune Society and carrying a manageable caseload for participants who are either part of the Housing Department or as part of our substance abuse treatment (TS) program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct client groups in the areas of:
o Moral Recognition Therapy (MRT)
o Relapse Prevention
o Anger Management
o Seeking Safety (Seeking Strength)
o Life Skills
o Health literacy
o Community Responsibility
o Group Development
• Ensure groups start on time and run as scheduled;
• Be prepared with needed tools to increase client participation;
• Assist clients in navigating their scheduled group attendance;
• Assist clients in adhering to group rules of participation, such as no lateness, cell phone use, eating, drinking, foul language, hats or disrespect of other group members;
• Participate in case conferences as needed;
• Inform counseling staff of any relevant clinical or behavioral concerns regarding a client that may arise during their group participation;
• Participate in team meetings;
• Must be team player working with co-workers to address programmatic challenges as they arise;
• Inform their immediate supervisor of any barriers or challenges which may arise during the course of providing group treatment;
• Carry a manageable caseload;
• Participate in professional development and training via a self-directed means or as requested by supervisor;
• Use of the agency’s electronic data base (CLIMB), to record service related information as follows:
o Printing out group attendance rosters before each group;
o Making sure that each client attending the group is scheduled, verifying this by looking at client’s copy of their schedule, Roster, or client agency ID;
o Insure adherence of group attendance rules i.e. only 15 members in TS groups;
o Entering group clinical progress notes for each client following their participation in a TS treatment groups;
o Entering individual session’s notes, conducting home visits, and service plans.
o Submitting signed group attendance rosters, on a daily basis, to the designated staff member; and
o Conducting urine analysis.
• Perform other related duties as needed.
• High school degree or GED required with five years’ experience facilitating groups, BA or MSW preferred;
• Computer skills including Microsoft suite and familiarity with client management databases;
• Received training in, and have experience with, the fundamentals of group dynamics and methods of facilitation, and administering evidence based treatment such as DEBIs preferred;
• Experience facilitating culturally diverse groups that include young adults required;
• Strong oral and written communication skills required;
• Bi-lingual in English/Spanish a plus;
• Ability to work as part of a team;
• Knowledge of, and sensitivity to, social issues faced by formerly incarcerated men and women;
• Work Schedule flexibility is needed to provide group services during evening programming;
• Ability to develop and establish groups; and
• We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal experience is a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
Please apply here:
Posted on 10/23/17; CVMHA ID #11496