See all job listings
Health Home Program Peer Mentor
Location: Bronx, NY 10451
EAC Network seeks a Peer Mentor to work full time for its Bronx Health Home Program. The Peer Mentor is responsible for providing information about the benefits of a Health Home to potential clients, and for providing on-going culturally responsive and appropriate support to enrolled clients. The position is Monday-Friday 9:00AM-5:00PM with excellent benefits medical/dental/401K and very generous Paid Time Off Plan. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal opportunities without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. EAC is an EOE.
• Educate EAC clients about the benefits of the program. Engage new clients and re-engage those who have become lost to services.
• Assist Care Coordinators by accompanying them to visit a client, or accompany the clients to medical or community appointments.
• Participate in team meetings and regularly scheduled on-going trainings and supervision.
• Assist the Health Home Care Coordinators in connecting clients to community-based support resources, clubhouses and other ancillary services.
• Maintain client charts and notes, update after each interaction with client.
• Minimum of High School Diploma/GED.
• Must have good communication skills both oral and written.
• Knowledge of a justice-involved population, the criminal justice system, and resources in the Bronx community.
• Experience using motivational interviewing.
• Must be proficient in computer applications or other automated systems necessary to perform work assignments.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills a plus.
Posted on 10/05/17; CVMHA ID #11462