See all job listings
Location: Brooklyn, NY 11201
EAC Network seeks a Case Manager (CASAC) to work full-time for its Post-Arrest Diversion Program Initiative program in Brooklyn. The Case Manager (CASAC) conducts assessments, makes referrals and provides case management for clients participating in the Brooklyn Post-Arrest Diversion Program Initiative. The Case Manager works closely with the Peer Recovery Coaches to engage and enroll participants into services. Position is Monday-Friday 9:00AM-5:00PM with excellent benefits medical/dental/401K and very generous Paid Time Off plan (PTO). EAC is an EOE. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status.
• Conduct assessments, develop treatment recommendations and make referrals to community-based substance use treatment and other support services.
• Assist in identifying barriers and goals.
• Provides crisis intervention and. addresses emergencies related to housing, food, medical needs, and any concrete need as presented by client.
• Support the client in compliance with treatment, including follow up calls to the client and treatment providers and accompanying client to an intake, etc. while adhering to deadlines.
• Facilitate participant engagement both prior to and after enrollment in the program.
• Assist clients in applying for and receiving public and private benefits.
• Provide a Naloxone kit and training to participants if needed.
• Participate in team meetings.
• Participate in regularly scheduled on-going trainings and supervision.
• Maintain client charts and notes, update after each interaction with client and have available for inspection by supervision at any time.
• CASAC or Bachelor’s in social work required.
• Experience working with clients with substance use conditions required.
• Knowledge of target population and borough resources.
• Willing to travel throughout Brooklyn.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills required.
• Must be proficient in computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, Microsoft Office applications, calendar, and email and/or database software necessary to perform work assignments.
Posted on 10/05/17; CVMHA ID #11461