See all job listings
Family Specialist (LMSW Required)
The Fortune Society
Title: Family Specialist
Unit: Family Services
Reports to: Senior Director or Programs
Status: Full Time; Regular; Non-Exempt
Location: Long Island City
Days/Hours: Monday through Friday: 3 days a week 9am to 5pm; 2 days a week 12pm to 8pm. Subject to change depending on program needs.
Date Prepared: May 26, 2017
Responsible for engaging individuals enrolled in the Fatherhood Initiative program through case management and supportive counseling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage a caseload of approximately 30 clients;
• Develop comprehensive treatment plans;
• Provide individual counseling sessions;
• Facilitate curriculum-based groups and assist in the development of new curricula based on clients’ needs;
• Refer clients to other Fortune Society programming based on their needs and interests;
• Develop external referral sources;
• Maintain timely and accurate documentation in the organization’s data system;
• Compile statistical information for reporting purposes; and
• Other tasks and responsibilities as required.
• LMSW required;
• Counseling and group facilitation experience, along with experience writing case-notes and treatment plans required;
• Experience working with families;
• Experience working with the criminal justice involved population;
• Microsoft Office and data entry experience required;
• Ability to develop curriculum;
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Travel Requirements: May require travel to our Harlem location.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to the mission of The Fortune Society. Relevant personal experience is a plus.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
Apply online here:
Posted on 10/02/17; CVMHA ID #11450