See all job listings
Department: Strategic Initiatives
Report to: Director, Evaluation and Business Intelligence
Location: Brooklyn Office
Overview: CASES seeks a research analyst to implement processes for the analysis and modeling of criminal justice, behavioral health, medical and program outcome data to enable planning and the implementation of informed business decisions. The Analyst uses CASES’ alternative-to-incarceration, alternative-to-detention, re-entry, and mental health treatment programs, and education, career and enrichment services data and analytics to answer pressing questions about outcomes, criminal recidivism, client needs, population health and the value of our services to Medicaid Managed Care Organizations, Criminal Justice Agencies and government and private funders. The Analyst will be a thought partner with senior program, planning, development, information services, quality assurance and fiscal staff. In this role the Analyst will create datasets from multiple sources, databases, and electronic health records. This individual will be highly analytical and thrive in a team-based environment. Initial responsibilities will focus on the assessment of available structured and unstructured program data and on the analysis of client utilization of CASES’ programs and program performance.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong degree of professionalism with advanced skills in communication as well as the ability to perform effectively with minimal supervision, to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and make substantive contributions to organization excellence.
• Create and maintain datasets for analysis from various programs.
• Perform ad hoc analyses and interpret results to inform planning.
• Recognize and identify problems with data collection and appropriately communicate with program supervisors and escalate issues to supervisor as needed.
• Establish procedures and communicate problems and changes needed to rectify data collection and support all systems towards data integrity.
• Utilize established criminal justice and program evaluation methodology for on-going program evaluation.
• Perform programming, statistical analyses and/or modeling and prepare required graphs, tables and figures using the appropriate software tools.
• Perform quality assurance functions in all aspects of data collection, coding and analysis.
• Deliver projects on time with minimal needed oversight or supervision.
• Develop expertise in Salesforce database, and the AWARDS Foothold technology and Qualifacts Care Logic electronic health records (EHRs) to extract data for analysis, build and configure re-occurring large data files for data analysis.
• Identifying, analyzing and interpreting trends and patterns in data sets to help determine priorities.
• Communicate clearly and accurately in both verbal and written mode concisely describing problems, solutions, specifications and plans.
• Conduct literature reviews and read, analyze and develop summaries/highlights of research publications, healthcare reports, health disparity reports, clinical quality indicator reports, education, employment, and criminal justice research and reports.
• Complete projects to support new initiatives, stakeholder groups, planning and continuous quality improvement workplans.
• Perform duties in accordance with CASES’ mission, cultural competency, anti-discriminatory and other policies and procedures.
Required Education and Experience
• Master’s degree in statistics, public policy, public health, criminal justice, applied quantitative research, and social research.
• Experience with statistical software
Microsoft Excel and SPSS proficiency.
Skills and Capacities
• Strong interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence and humor
• Excellent written, oral, presentation and facilitation skills
• Ability to work effectively with diverse team and remain highly organized
• Ability to function in ambiguous environment
Highly-developed management, analytical and motivational skills
• Commitment to social justice
Benefits: Here at CASES we offer benefits that will assist you in making the most of your career and your life. Our programs include health and wellness insurance which is offered through Aetna. A retirement 403(b) plan is held with Principal, education, and training. Additionally, our portable ancillary benefits are offered through Aflac, Legal Shield, and ADP Flexible spending account; which is then deducted through payroll along with commuter benefits, additional short-term disability, cancer, additional income protection, hospitalization coverage, and identity theft protection.
Please apply through: http://smrtr.io/WLCADg.
Posted on 10/01/17; CVMHA ID #11439