See all job listings
Health Home Program Care Coordinator
Location: Brooklyn, NY 11201
EAC Network seeks a Care Coordinator to work full time for its Brooklyn Health Home Program. The Care Coordinator conducts assessment and service planning to coordinate care for participants. The Care Coordinator works closely with clients to implement the goals identified during the intake, assessment, and reassessment process. The position is Monday-Friday 9:00AM-5:00PM with excellent benefits medical/dental/401K and very generous Paid Time Off Plan. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability protected veteran or marital status. EAC is an EOE.
• Gather information for assessment and reassessments.
• Provide care management to a caseload through the coordination of medical, mental health and substance abuse services.
• Participate in case conferences with health home team including, Case Managers and treatment providers.
• Work with EAC NETWORK Team members and area Health Home team members in implementing individualized care plans.
• Ensure entitlements, insurance, and benefits are in place.
• Monitor client's progress in utilizing services (appointments, treatment, medication, etc.) through telephonic and direct contact.
• Collaborate on care issues with internal clinicians and the participant's assigned Health Home medical provider.
• Conduct home visits and community work in the field including visiting hospitals and emergency rooms when determined necessary.
• Bachelor's Degree in social or behavioral sciences required. CASAC or High School Diploma/GED and significant combination of education and experience in criminal justice or working with substance abusing and or mentally ill population considered.
• Experience providing medical, mental health or substance abuse-focused care coordination services to individuals with chronic medical conditions and complex behavioral health conditions needed.
• Working knowledge of health care environments, clinical terminology and health information systems strongly preferred.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills required.
• Must be proficient in computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, Microsoft Office applications, calendar, email and/or database software necessary to preform work assignments.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred.
Posted on 09/29/17; CVMHA ID #11437