See all job listings
Director of Treatment Serivices
The Fortune Society
Unit: Treatment Services
Reports to: AVP, Behavioral Health
Status: Full-Time; Regular; Exempt
Job Code: TBD
Date Prepared: September 28, 2017
Provide clinical and programmatic supervision and guidance to counseling staff regarding individual and group substance abuse treatment and service delivery. Supervise, evaluate and support the development of Social Workers and Counseling staff within the unit, including maintaining weekly supervision sessions and overseeing day to day job performance. Ensure program goals and OASAS Operating Regulations Part 822 standards are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure all services rendered are documented in electronic case records as required by the agency, licensing, and by funding sources;
• Ensure timely and accurate internal reporting, including playing an active role in development and implementation of new reports as needed to assess program effectiveness and achievement of desired outcomes;
• Plan, develop, conduct and/or arrange in-service training to maintain and improve staff competencies and optimal service delivery;
• Develop and implement corrective action plans as needed;
• Clearly communicate unit and agency priorities and ensure that priorities set are carried out;
• Assess, recommend, develop and implement accountability systems and best practice strategies to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements while producing maximum client outcomes;
• Provide both formal and informal staff assessment, and recommend hiring, firing, promotional and disciplinary decisions concerning staff members to the AVP of Behavioral Health;
• Provide short-term crisis intervention as needed and make appropriate referrals for appropriate services;
• Chair case conferences and other clinical services as directed;
• Participate as an active member of the utilization review committee;
• Ensure timely processes and documentation for admissions and discharges;
• Develop, monitor and conduct quality improvement to ensure program goals/objectives are achieved; and
• Perform other related duties as needed.
Directly supervises Clinical Supervisor and counseling staff; carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and engaging employees; addressing employee relations and resolving problems.
• LCSW required; with a CASAC and SIFI preferred;
• 3+ years clinical work experience in the field of substance abuse and addictive behaviors, mental health and criminal justice with clientele similar to that served by the program(s) and
• 1 year minimum of supervisory experience with experience supervising counselors/social workers;
• Computer literate; advanced skills such as Excel and database applications are a plus;
• Team-oriented, anticipatory self-starter working style; a strong work ethic, and the ability to think strategically required; and
• We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal experience is a plus
Travel Requirements – May require travel to our Harlem site for meetings or trainings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
must apply online:
Posted on 09/28/17; CVMHA ID #11436