See all job listings
Case Manager - Prospect Place
Center for Urban Community services
The Center for Urban Community Services (CUCS) seeks two Case Managers to support the extensive medication monitoring system at its Prospect Place shelter for homeless, mentally ill women. 1 position is for 8am to 4pm and the other is 4pm to 12am, both Monday-Friday.
Prospect Place is a 90 bed recovery oriented housing placement program located at 174 Prospect Place in Brooklyn, NY. Program services include: housing placement, comprehensive health, mental health, and case management services. Prospect Place operates 7 days per week with 24 hour clinical and security staff. The program is readily accessible by public transportation.
The Case Manager is responsible for working along side the site’s LPNs to monitor medications for the shelter residents. Assistance with Self Administration of Medication is a fundamental part of our program model. The Case Manager will monitor clients self administering their medication, seek out clients and provide counseling to encourage medication compliance, assist with ordering and receiving of medications. Additional tasks include escorting, coordination with onsite providers, and opportunities for on-site groups. The Case Manager will work along side all staff to help our clients live full and satisfying lives in the community; helping their team and program to function well and meet their contractual obligations; and striving, as appropriate to their role, to fulfill the CUCS programs’ core purpose, core values and vision statements.
· BSW and 1 year of relevant work experience
· BA and 2 Years of relevant work experience
· High School Diploma or equivalent and 6 years of relevant work experience
· For applicants without a college degree, every 30 credits can be substituted for 1 year of experience.
· Demonstrated ability to provide services to clients with psychiatric and medical disabilities and with issues of substance abuse.
· Computer literacy, excellent writing and verbal communication skills are required.
· Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not required
· Ability to work effectively as part of a core services team.
TO APPLY PLEASE COPY AND PASTE URL BELOW TO YOUR BROWSER:
Posted on 09/26/17; CVMHA ID #11433