See all job listings
Peer Staff Generalist
Brooklyn Community Services
Position: Peer Staff Generalist
Program/Department: East New York Clubhouse
Reports to: Director, East New York Clubhouse
Work Location: Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn, NY
Hours: Part Time
Work in collaboration with staff and members in the daily operation of BCS’s East New York Clubhouse, which provides a safe, nurturing, and noninstitutionalized setting for psychiatric rehabilitation that fosters independent living and greater participation in the community.
• Work with consumer led community of adults with mental health conditions, where members and staff jointly plan vocational, educational and social activities that develop skills and promote rehabilitation. Foster recovery, community integration, and psychiatric stabilization. Participate in regular meetings and encourage input for shared decision making and program improvements.
• Generate member interest in participation in the work-ordered day.
• Take leadership role in ensuring positive outcomes in members’ lives.
• Assist members to identify and use community resources that promote their health, well-being, independence, satisfaction and self-sufficiency, including escorting them to appointments as needed.
• Maintain an active caseload and provide case management to members and document all case management related activities in progress notes.
• Liaise with each unit to ensure the needs of members and the Clubhouse are addressed.
• Work with members and staff to develop recreational activities for Clubhouse members.
• Seek and participate in advocacy activities/events for and with members.
• Participate in maintaining the cleanliness and upkeep of the Clubhouse environment, along with other staff and members.
• Demonstrate enthusiasm, commitment and belief in the Clubhouse model and represent the ENY Clubhouse and BCS to the community.
• Provide Peer Support HCBS designated services in line with recipients individualized care plans in the home and community based settings
• Complete and submit all required documents required with the Peer HCBS services delivery as required by the HCBS participants Health Home Care Manager, Managed Care Organization (MCO), and/ or direct supervisor
• Lived experience with the mental health system and willingness to share related experiences with Clubhouse members to provide support and promote recovery
• H.S. Diploma/ GED
• Peer Specialist Certification preferred
• Bilingual skills preferred
• Fingerprinting and criminal background check required
Email Resume and Cover Letter to:
Orlando Mendoza, Division Director of Mental Health and Housing Programs
Posted on 09/26/17; CVMHA ID #11431