See all job listings
Administrative Assistant - Downtown Brooklyn
Reports To: Director of CEP and Senior Director of Education, Career and Enrichment Services
Overview: CASES' mission is to increase public safety through innovative services that reduce crime and incarceration, improve behavioral health, promote recovery and rehabilitation and create opportunities for success in the community. CASES houses around 23 programs providing Court Services, Behavioral Health Services and Education, Career and Enrichment Services to individuals with current, previous and risk of criminal justice involvement.
Under the direction of the Director of CEP and Senior Director of Education, Career and Enrichment Services, the Administrative Coordinator role is to provide a variety of administrative duties to the several programs that services youth specifically the Court Employment Project and PEAK program in the Brooklyn location. The objective of this role is to provide support to program staff as well as creating a welcoming environment to participants.
• Provide front desk coverage from 9am-11am daily and coverage as needed;
• Establish and facilitate a welcoming and professional environment for CASES staff, participants and guests;
• Order client subsistence and supplies for programs serving youth in Queens, Brooklyn and Harlem locations;
• Execute special occasions and recreational activities;
• Build and facilitate relationships with external providers for workshops;
• Create and maintain intake folders for CEP and PEAK;
• Perform other duties as required by Director of CEP and Senior Director of Education, Career and Enrichment Services
• Bachelors degree or relevant experience providing administrative support;
• Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a high paced environment;
• Experience working with youth and a commitment to working in a youth development focus;
• Highly organized with attention to detail;
• Excellent writing and oral communication skills;
• Mastery in Microsoft Office Suites particularly Microsoft Excel;
• Knowledge of the criminal justice system, court processes and alternative to detention/incarceration services, a plus;
• Spanish speaking a plus;
Please apply through: http://smrtr.io/xWQ4oQ.
Posted on 09/26/17; CVMHA ID #11429