See all job listings
Quality Assurance Clinician (LMSW, LCSW, LMHC)
Full-Time Position Flexible Work Hours and Work Locations
Reports to: Quality Assurance Director
CASES is seeking licensed behavioral health clinicians to perform quality assurance activities for our NYS-licensed Clinic Treatment Program and Assertive Community Treatment teams in the division of Behavioral Health Services (BHS).
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the standards set forth by the New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH), Department of Health and Mental Health (DOHMH), Office of the Medicaid Inspector General (OMIG), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), New York State Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs, Health Homes, and Managed Care Organizations. Knowledge is also required of evidence-based assessment and treatment for individuals with serious mental illness, co-occurring substance use disorders, co-morbid medical conditions, trauma, and criminal justice involvement.
We are seeking a responsive, positive, service-oriented team player who thrives in a fast-paced, busy environment and is organized to handle often competing deadlines. A person with excellent organizational, analytical, problem solving and communication skills is most likely to succeed. This position requires accuracy, orientation to detail and maintaining a high level of confidentiality. The ideal candidate enjoys training and coaching others in quality assurance activities.
• Review medical records to ensure documentation is complete and timely; conduct utilization reviews
• Assist quality assurance director in related to licensing audits
• Participate in the incident review and incident management processes; support operations of the Incident Review Committee
• Work with program directors and agency medical director to coordinate the assessment and management high risk clients
• Assist with client and family grievance process; conduct client and other stakeholder surveys and needs assessments; facilitate consumer advisory board functions
• Assist in the management of database systems, including the electronic health record; promote agency compliance with all confidentiality/privacy laws
• Conduct staff surveys, medical record reviews, and literature review to assess staff development and competency training needs
• Assist with the development of program policy and procedure manuals
• Conduct program evaluation activities and lead quality improvement initiatives
• Collect quality assurance data for presentation to senior agency leadership
• Provide on-going support and technical assistance around quality assurance
• Complete special projects to improve the performance of ABH programs
• Perform other administrative duties as required to support program operations
• Adhere to agency cultural competency and anti-discriminatory practice
• Licensed mental health professional (LMSW, LCSW, LMHC)
• At least one year of direct care experience in behavioral health
• Good analytical and innovative problem-solving abilities, written and communication skills, and effective interpersonal skills
• Proficiency with statistical software, electronic health records, and Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of AWARDS and CareLogic would be a plus but not required
Benefits: Here at CASES we offer benefits that will assist you in making the most of your career and your life. Our programs include health and wellness insurance which is offered through Aetna. A retirement 403(b) plan is held with Principal, education, and training. Additionally, our portable ancillary benefits are offered through Aflac, Legal Shield, and ADP Flexible spending account; which is then deducted through payroll along with commuter benefits, additional short-term disability, cancer, additional income protection, hospitalization coverage, and identity theft protection.
Please apply through: http://smrtr.io/QKRfTA.
Posted on 09/26/17; CVMHA ID #11427