See all job listings
Case Manager- Prospect Place
Center for Urban Community services
The Center for Urban Community Services (CUCS) seeks a Case Manager for its Prospect Place shelter for homeless, mentally ill women. Prospect Place is a 90 bed recovery oriented housing placement program located at 174 Prospect Place in Brooklyn, NY. Program services include: housing placement, comprehensive health, mental health, and case management services. Prospect Place operates 7 days per week with 24 hour clinical and security staff. The program is readily accessible by public transportation.
The Case Manager is responsible for working with an assigned group of clients to help them live full and satisfying lives in the community; helping their team and program to function well and meet their contractual obligations; and striving, as appropriate to their role, to fulfill the CUCS programs’ core purpose, core values and vision statements.
· Case Manager 1- High school diploma and 2 years experience
· Case Manager 2 – Bachelor’s Degree or HS Diploma or equivalent and 4 years relevant experience.
· Case Manager 3 - BSW and 1 year relevant experience (excluding fieldwork) or Bachelor’s degree and 2 years relevant experience or HS diploma or equivalent and 6 years relevant experience
· For applicants without a college degree, every 30 credits can be substituted for 1 year of experience.
· Demonstrated ability to provide services to clients with psychiatric and medical disabilities and with issues of substance abuse.
· Computer literacy, excellent writing and verbal communication skills are required.
· Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not required
· Ability to work effectively as part of a core services team.
Please be advised that you must upload your cover letter and resume in one document.
Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
TO APPLY COPY AND PASTE URL BELOW TO YOUR BROWSER:
Posted on 09/21/17; CVMHA ID #11422