See all job listings
Residential Social Worker
ANDRUS, a leader in the field of treatment and services for children and families, and the home of the Sanctuary Institute, is seeking a Clinical Social Worker for its campus programs.
The Residential Clinical Social Worker is the clinician primarily responsible for the children and families on their caseload. This responsibility means compiling a thorough history and assessment of the children and family through varied means, developing a comprehensive treatment plan along with the entire treatment team, leading and facilitating the team’s efforts to assist the children and families’ growth and change, and providing innovative treatment approaches with both with the individual children and with the family when able.
The Residential Clinical Social Worker provides individual, family, and group therapy using a range of therapeutic models and techniques. She or he maintains accurate and timely paperwork, monitors and leads the treatment plan review process and is an active and involved member of the campus teams. She or he is responsible for providing clinical practices that are highly effective, and participate in the ongoing acquisition of knowledge, a core commitment of both the agency and the department.
The Residential Clinical Social Worker is also responsible for successfully representing the agency at ongoing meetings, to include CSE reviews, treatment planning conferences, court hearings, and other professionally related events. Excellent communication with children, families and school districts is a must. This position requires a person who is flexible, creative, good at collaborating with others, and can practice the Sanctuary commitments. Schedule is Monday through Friday, 9AM to 5PM.
The qualified candidate will possess:
• Master’s Degree in Social Work from Accredited Graduate School of Social Work
• LMSW is the minimum requirement
• At least one year post-Master’s experience preferred with children or other significant experience in treatment for children.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong skills in a variety of software applications.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to adhere to our organization’s core values
• Valid Driver’s License in good standing.
• Physical Requirements: Be able to hear and move well enough to carry out job responsibilities in an adequate manner.
For consideration, please send a cover letter and resume to HR-JP Department at 1156 North Broadway, Yonkers, NY 10701 or email email@example.com or fax 914-965-3883.
ANDRUS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of gender and ethnic group but, minority groups are currently under-represented at this level of post, we would encourage applications from members of this group. Appointment will be based on merit alone.
Posted on 09/20/17; CVMHA ID #11420