See all job listings
The Fortune Society
Unit: Treatment Services
Reports to: Senior Director of Programs
Status: Full Time; Regular; Non-Exempt
Job Code: S140
Location: Long Island City
Days/Hours: Monday – Friday 9am-5pm
Date Prepared: September 14, 2017
Responsible for conducting outreach in NYS Department of Corrections and Community Supervision transitional facilities (Queensboro and Edgecombe), conduct discharge planning for individuals needing treatment services, facilitation of a weekly Re-Entry Workshop, escorting potential clients from a correctional facility to our LIC offices and inputting data into the Fortune Society’s client database.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate in and promote Fortune Society’s services during correctional facility orientations;
• Facilitate weekly Re-entry Workshops;
• Follow-up with interested individuals in order to begin Discharge Planning within 90-30 days of their release date;
• Assist clients in identifying and prioritizing goals;
• Ensure accurate and timely data entry of all client discharge planning information into the agency’s database;
• Conduct follow-up assessments (GPRA Survey) when needed;
• Lead case conferences for optimum collaboration among departments/programs and external agencies;
• Develop and maintain relationships with correctional staff and community based organizations;
• Attend and participate in meetings, conferences, and trainings;
• Engage in his/her own ongoing professional development; and
• Additional responsibilities as required.
• High school diploma or GED/HSE required; Bachelor’s degree or higher desired;
• Experience working with mandated participants along with substance abusers and criminal justice involved individuals;
• Strong Microsoft Office and database entry skills;
• Strong assessment and engagement skills;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Bilingual English/Spanish a plus;
• Strong organizational and leadership skills;
• A commitment to working with formerly incarcerated client; and
• We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal experience is a plus.
Travel Requirements: May require travel to our Harlem office and within the 5 boroughs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
please apply online:
Posted on 09/19/17; CVMHA ID #11414