See all job listings
Reports to: Deputy Director of Finance & Administration
Overview: CASES, a non-profit organization that aims to increase public safety through innovative services that reduce crime and incarceration, improve behavioral health, promote recovery and rehabilitation, and create opportunities for success in the community, seeks a dynamic and experienced professional to manage its $25 million budget.
The Budget Manager is responsible for overseeing CASES budget process including preparation, monitoring and analysis, and reporting.
• Working with the Deputy Director and senior management, prepares annual budget calendar and working documents. Updates all base salary, benefit and OTPS information, makes year-end projections based on actual expenditures, and prepares varying budget scenarios as may be required;
• Inputs new budget information into the fiscal management information system (FMIS). Ensures that senior staff and project directors are kept informed of budget changes;
• Runs and distributes to program directors, monthly and quarterly budget variance reports;
• Reviews budget variance reports and general ledger reports on a monthly basis to insure that items are charged to the correct programs and contracts. Prepares correcting journal entries as required. Ensures that allocations correct and reviews methodologies with program and administrative staff;
• Prepares quarterly and year-end revenue projections using actual program outcomes for performance-based contracts and actual expenditures for line-item reimbursement contracts.
• Prepares monthly expenditure analysis including accrual projections to determine where budgets are over and/or under-spent. Coordinates quarterly meetings with senior management and Deputy Director to review analysis, program changes impacting the budget, contract issues, etc.;
• Updates internal budget documents as necessary, prepares budget modification forms as needed, inputs changes into the FMIS, and communicates all changes to relevant staff. Working closely with program staff and grant accountants, to ensure budget modification forms and no costs extension requests for government contracts are submitted as needed;
• Working with Development staff, prepares or reviews budgets and budget narratives for submission in our responses to government requests for proposals (RFPs) and foundation and corporation grant proposals;
• Prepares foundation and corporation interim and final financial reports;
• Reviews all personnel requests and personnel action forms to ensure there are adequate resources available to fill positions;
• Maintains ongoing communication with program staff regarding needs and budget status; and
• Other duties as may be required by the Deputy Director
· College degree in administration, finance or related field. Master’s degree preferred;
· Minimum 3-5 years budget analysis experience necessary;
· Highly proficient spreadsheet and word processing applications;
· Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills required;
· Extremely detail oriented;
· Familiarity with financial management information systems, Blackbaud’s Financial Edge preferred.
Benefits: Here at CASES we offer benefits that will assist you in making the most of your career and your life. Our programs include health and wellness insurance which is offered through Aetna. A retirement 403(b) plan is held with Principal, education, and training. Additionally, our portable ancillary benefits are offered through Aflac, Legal Shield, and ADP Flexible spending account; which is then deducted through payroll along with commuter benefits, additional short-term disability, cancer, additional income protection, hospitalization coverage, and identity theft protection
Please apply through: http://smrtr.io/jbqrFA.
Posted on 09/05/17; CVMHA ID #11375