See all job listings
Psychiatric Registered Nurse Care Manager
Reports to: Psychiatrist
Overview: CASES seeks an organized Psychiatric Registered Nurse Care Manager committed to integrated primary care in an outpatient mental health clinic in Central Harlem serving individuals with serious mental illness. The RN provides integrated psychiatric and health services, including a key role as the diabetes educator. As a member of a multidisciplinary team works with another RN who also performs direct services and also coordinate activities for an integrated primary care federal grant. The fulltime RN works in coordination with therapists, psychiatric nurse practitioners and psychiatrists, and peer wellness coach staff to deliver psychiatric and medical care. The nurse must be committed to shared treatment planning and shared decision-making between mental health and primary care staff. The goal of the Nathaniel Clinic is to offer mental health treatment to criminal justice involved youth and adults. Mission driven candidates committed to social justice and the goal of increasing public safety through innovative services that reduce crime and incarceration and improve health will be ideally suited for this position.
· Provide health monitoring to consumers with chronic health conditions
· Provide complex care management and crisis services
· Work collaboratively with staff of Institute of Family Health to ensure clients are appropriately triaged and scheduled for physicals and health monitoring
· Work with consumers and medical providers to ensure access to specialists medical care
· Serve as a link between the consumer, the PCP and specialists.
· Perform patient vital signs and other required tests, record patient history, obtain accurate medication list and any information the FNP/PCP may request to enable him/her to assist in the diagnosis and treatment.
· Explain normal and abnormal test/lab results to consumers and their significant others.
· Educate consumer regarding medications, invasive and non-invasive procedures.
· Ensure exam room is clean, stocked appropriately and ready for next consumer; ensure equipment is clean/sterile and in working order.
· Conduct initial medical screens and nursing assessments, regularly review medication prescriptions and lab work, and registry tracking/outcome measurement for consumers receiving integrated primary care and behavioral health services at the clinic.
· Provides routine health services emphasizing preventative care and medication adherence.
· Write progress notes and treatment plans documenting services.
· Participate in staff conferences, case reviews and team meetings
· Complete health monitoring individual and group treatment services.
· Provide health teaching, health and wellness group treatment
· Deliver smoking cessation services brief individual interventions and also group smoking cessation services
· Support peer wellness coach in delivery of health coaching and peer support services
· Provide integrated psychiatric care, administering injections and medication management.
· Ensure consumer engagement in integrated services through assertive outreach, community liaison, escorts to specialist appointments and effective coordination with the clinic staff
· Work in collaboration with nurses of the Forensic/Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) teams ensuring ACT/FACT consumers can access integrated services onsite and directly through Institute of Family Health.
· Collaborate with Health Home care managers, pharmacists, housing providers, and criminal justice providers serving consumers for joint treatment planning, shared decision-making, and complex care review.
· Deliver cognitive behavioral evidence-based practices, wellness self-management plus, smoking cessation and weight loss services.
· Routinely use data including PSYCKES quality health indicators, Managed Care Organization (MCO) data, and program level data understand consumer utilization of services and develop effective treatment plans.
· Ensure follow-up health measuring tracking is completed at baseline and 6-month intervals as required by federal grant
· Coordinates diabetes education individually and through group treatment services
· Achieve expected productively targets for individual and group health monitoring, wellness and preventative health care services
· Provide appropriate follow-up and discharge coordination following consumer ER visits and inpatient hospital stays.
· Provide 24-hour emergency and crisis intervention rotating phone coverage.
· Provide culturally competent services in accordance with CASES policies.
· Use motivational interviewing to engage and facilitate consumer retention in clinic and integrated health services
· Any other duties as required by supervisory and directors.
· Registered Nurse (RN) with current New York State license
· 2+ years of psychiatric nursing experience working with adults with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance use disorders
· Proficient in computers and Electronic Health Record (EHR) preferably Qualifacts CareLogic
· Fluency in Spanish preferred
Salary: Competitive full-time 35-hour week with excellent benefits
Benefits: Here at CASES we offer benefits that will assist you in making the most of your career and your life. Our programs include health and wellness insurance which is offered through Aetna. A retirement 403(b) plan is held with Principal, education, and training. Additionally, our portable ancillary benefits are offered through Aflac, Legal Shield, and ADP Flexible spending account; which is then deducted through payroll along with commuter benefits, additional short-term disability, cancer, additional income protection, hospitalization coverage, and identity theft protection.
Please apply through: http://smrtr.io/57rKTw.
Posted on 08/28/17; CVMHA ID #11369