See all job listings
The Fortune Society
Unit: Family Services
Reports to: Manager, Family Services
Status: Full Time; Regular; Non-Exempt
Location: Long Island City
Days/Hours: Monday through Friday. 2 days a week 12pm to 8pm; Friday and 3 other days 9am to 5pm, subject to change depending on program needs
Date Prepared: August 14, 2017
Responsible for engaging fathers in the program though case management; by encouraging them to participate in their children lives by providing both emotional and financial support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide individual counseling sessions;
• Manage a caseload of 30 + clients;
• Facilitate pre-existing curriculum based groups as well as develop new curriculum based on the needs of our clients;
• Develop internal and external referral sources;
• Maintain accurate records and documentation in computer program;
• Develop comprehensive treatment plans with clients;
• Compile statistical information for reporting purposes; and
• Other tasks and responsibilities as required.
• Associates degree required; Bachelor preferred;
• Counseling and Group facilitation experience, along with experience writing case management notes and treatment plans required;
• Experience working with families;
• Experience working with a criminal justice involved population;
• Comfortable with Microsoft Office and entering client data into a database;
• Ability to develop curriculum;
• Ability to work with a team;
• Good verbal and written communication skills;
• Bilingual English/Spanish a plus; and
• We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal experience is a plus.
Travel Requirements: May require travel to our Harlem location.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
Please apply here:
Posted on 08/21/17; CVMHA ID #11354