See all job listings
Marketing and Donor Communications Associate
The Fortune Society
Unit: Communications and Development
Reports to: Director of Design & Digital Media
Status: Full time; Regular; Exempt
Location: Long Island City, Queens
Days/Hours: Monday through Friday 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Date Prepared: July 28, 2017
The Fortune Society is seeking an organized, creative, and digitally savvy individual to fill the position of Marketing and Donor Communications Associate. Responsible for supporting the Director of Design and Digital Media and Marketing Specialist, the Marketing and Donor Communications Associate will implement data-driven strategies that increase brand recognition, reach new audiences, enhance engagement with supporters, and optimize our digital platforms for increased conversions. The Marketing and Donor Communications Associate will collaborate with communications and development staff to design a content marketing strategy; analyze, mine, and produce dynamic reports on key performance indicators; manage editorial and production calendars; and support communications team with multimedia projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Digital Media and Content Marketing Strategy Development
• Collaborate with Marketing Specialist to design content marketing strategy and set goals and key performance indicators;
• Collaborate with Marketing Specialist to create a paid promotion strategy for boosted content on social media;
• Collaborate with communications and development teams to implement digital strategies to reach new audiences, increase email subscribers and website visitors, and identify segments with conversion potential;
• Collaborate with communications and development teams to optimize website and donate pages for maximum engagement;
• Produce dynamic dashboards, reports, and goals on key performance indicators that measure return on investment for communications and marketing efforts;
• Analyze and monitor digital platform insights and data to adjust content marketing goals, strategies, and objectives to maximize engagement with audiences;
• Collaborate with Marketing Specialist to conceptualize, implement, and execute search engine optimization (SEO) and social media optimization (SMO) strategy to grow number of visitors to Fortune’s website and increase ranking in search engine results;
• Create and manage Google Grant (AdWords) campaigns to generate more traffic to Fortune’s website; and
• Support Marketing Specialist with updates to the Fortune website through WordPress.
Content Production and Editorial Calendar Management
• Manage editorial and production calendars to ensure communications team generates timely content and meets deadlines;
• Schedule, coordinate, transcribe, and engage in participant, volunteer, and donor interviews for generating multi-channel content to promote on various platforms;
• Support communications and development teams by drafting, editing and proofreading communications materials including, but not limited to, blog pieces, marketing materials, fundraising appeals, event journals, and invitations;
• Collaborate with Director of Design and Digital Media to assess communications needs and audit communications materials across the agency;
• Assist in capturing mission moments and key events through photography, videography, and social media engagement; and
• Assist in editing images and video footage generated by communications team and other stakeholders for digital media distribution.
Communications Department Administration
• Lead efforts to document, archive, and organize communications files, photos, and other digital assets with a focus on easy accessibility;
• Collaborate with Marketing Specialist to identify and develop a digital asset management system;
• Manage the communications department's IT needs as they arise and create a long term plan to resolve technological needs;
• Schedule and coordinate external meetings for communications team; and
• Manage communications internship program and establish relationships with universities to build a pipeline of skilled graphic design, videography, and journalism interns.
Digital Media Management
• Collaborate with Marketing Specialist to draft content for existing social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn;
• Increase brand awareness and identify opportunities for community engagement by monitoring social media, press, and digital coverage of Fortune’s work and criminal justice reform trends;
• Manage online reputation and engage digital community by responding strategically to messages and comments;
• Design cross-promotion plan and develop partnerships with like-minded organizations, social media managers, and key influencers (bloggers, journalists, politicians, brands, celebrities, etc.) to increase Fortune's visibility and digital reach;
• Launch Social Media Ambassador program to activate internal and external partners on digital platforms to share Fortune’s content; and
• Lead efforts to identify a new customer relations manager (CRM) that integrates with donor management system (Raiser’s Edge) and online platforms.
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, and Communications preferred, or equivalent experience and skill set;
• At least 2-3 years of digital media, marketing, communications, and fundraising experience;
• Strong writing, editing, and communication skills with a passion for promoting story-driven brands, and cause-driven ideas and concepts;
• Well versed with Google Analytics, Google Adwords campaign management, SEO/SMO strategies, and reporting structures;
• Demonstrated experience managing social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube) with proven success in fostering engagement and increasing followers;
• Demonstrated experience with social media dashboards such as Hootsuite and Tweetdeck;
• Familiar with SEO technical processes (indexation, international targeting, log files, URL structure and directives);
• Demonstrated experience producing engaging editorial content for diverse audiences;
• Demonstrated experience with WordPress or similar content management systems;
• Experience with CRMs and Donor Management systems such as Mailchimp, Raiser’s Edge, and Convio strongly preferred;
• Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, Lightroom) and digital asset management systems strongly preferred;
• Familiarity with paid promotion and paid structures strongly preferred;
• Basic HTML and CSS proficiency strongly preferred;
• Experience with digital photography and videography strongly preferred;
• Experience with SQL a plus;
• Excellent organizational, project management, and time management skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team; and
• Familiarity, commitment, and passion for criminal justice reform and The Fortune Society’s mission.
May require travel to our Harlem office and other City-wide events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
Posted on 08/21/17; CVMHA ID #11277