See all job listings
Employment Specialist - Forensic Assertive Community Treatment (FACT) Team
Reports to: Team Leader
Locations: Manhattan & Brooklyn
Overview: The Forensic Assertive Community Treatment (FACT) team provides mobile community based mental health treatment to promote the recovery and community integration of individuals with serious mental illnesses, high rates of co-occurring substance use disorders and histories of criminal justice involvement. The team serves consumers on parole, probation, returning to the community from jails and prisons, participating in alternative-to-incarceration and treatment court services and those with histories of high-risk and violent behavior. The Employment Specialist is an integral member of a multi-disciplinary team of mental health clinicians leading activities related to consumer access and participation in vocational, education, and employment activities. The team provides 80% of its treatment services in community locations. This position requires a highly organized, detailed, and assertive individual.
· Provide educational, vocational, and employment support services to justice-involved individuals with serious mental illness, including identifying education and employment interests and skills; finding, enrolling, and supporting participation in educational/ vocational programs; preparing for and finding employment; job coaching and social skills training; developing and sustaining relationships with employers and other vocational/educational support agencies; and educating employers about serious mental illness.
· Provide other community based ACT services, such as service planning, care coordination (especially related to hospitalizations), family/social support, integrated substance use treatment, housing support, wellness self-management, relapse prevention, problem solving, community living support, health education, money management, entitlements support, etc.
· Conduct 80% of services in the community, including at hospitals, shelters, and jails
· Participate in daily team meetings to review client status; complete all progress notes within 24 hours of service contacts; participate in individual and group supervision sessions with team leader
· Complete comprehensive assessments, crisis/relapse prevention plans, and individual service plans; update all assessments within required timeframes
· Complete risk assessments for future criminality and violence using the Level of Service Case Management Inventory (LSCMI) and the Historical, Clinical, Risk (HCR-20: Version 3)
· Complete required data reporting to outside agencies, such as the Office of Mental Health, Assisted Outpatient Treatment, Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, etc.
· Provide services that are client-centered, recovery-oriented, trauma-informed, culturally competent, and sensitive to the unique experiences of justice-involved clients with behavioral health needs
· Provide 24-hour crisis intervention on-call services on rotating basis
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher
· Master's Degree preferred
· At least one year of training and experience in training and/or experience in vocational assessment, job exploration, and skills development in choosing, getting, and maintaining employment, employment counseling or vocational rehabilitation
· At least one year of experience working with individuals with serious mental illness, co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders, and/or involvement in the criminal justice system. Individuals with lived experience in these areas are encouraged to apply.
· Proficient in electronic health records, especially Footholds AWARDS
· Fluency in Spanish preferred
Benefits: Here at CASES we offer benefits that will assist you in making the most of your career and your life. Our programs include health and wellness insurance which is offered through Aetna. A retirement 403(b) plan is held with Principal, education, and training. Additionally, our portable ancillary benefits are offered through Aflac, Legal Shield, and ADP Flexible spending account; which is then deducted through payroll along with commuter benefits, additional short-term disability, cancer, additional income protection, hospitalization coverage, and identity theft protection.
Please apply through: http://smrtr.io/BAKOfw.
Posted on 07/26/17; CVMHA ID #11273