See all job listings
Licensed Practical Nurse – ACT Programs
Reports to: Team Leader
Overview: CASES is seeking LPNs to work on our Assertive Community Treatment Teams. Full Time and Part Time options are available. The ACT Teams provide non-traditional, person-centered and recovery oriented community based mental health treatment to promote the wellbeing and community integration of adults with serious mental illnesses and co-occurring substance use disorders. The Nathaniel ACT Team operates as an Alternative to Incarceration program working with participants who are convicted of felony crimes. The Manhattan ACT Team operates primarily in Upper Manhattan as a standard ACT program. The LPN is an integral part of the team, working under the direction of the full-time RN providing medication management, health assessment and counseling to promote consumer recovery, wellness, and optimal health. The nurse provides services within the framework of core ACT operating principles, professional nursing ethics, and State and City regulatory guidelines. The LPN conducts services in the community as needed to support consumers to have needed access to medications and healthcare. Specific responsibilities include:
· Support the RN in the development of individualized nursing screenings and interventions for consumers.
· Participate in implementing and maintaining nursing standards
· Participate in determining resources and policies essential to the delivery of nursing care services
· Assist in the determination of medical care needs and other services to support wellness and consumer health
· Recommend health objectives for recipients’ service plans
· Facilitate consumer education on prevention, health, wellness, diet, HIV/AIDS education, smoking cessation and recovery
· Utilize motivational interviewing techniques and a recovery-oriented framework in individual and group based health counseling
· During screening obtains information: a) to establish the degree of medical risk, medical care and interventions required to promote positive health outcomes, and b) to support the RN as s/he leads the team in primary care issues
· Provide education to ACT staff on physical health issues and medical care protocols
· Act as advocate and liaison for recipients in securing medical care, and other community supports that promote integrated physical and mental health wellness
· Contribute to effective medication management procedures with the RN and program psychiatrist
· Assist the RN and psychiatrist in the coordination of medical care
· Support the RN to ensure all consumers have primary care providers and receive annual physical and dental examinations
· Provide individual health counseling as needed
· Administer IM’s and vaccines, plants and reads PPD’s, and performs phlebotomy as per orders
· Transcribe orders and update Medication Administration Records
· Monitor vital signs and side effects of medications and reports findings to the psychiatrist and team
· Evaluate, on a continuing basis, nursing intervention and expected outcomes
· Involve family, significant others, landlord and housing providers in service provision
· Build in review and evaluation points, and modifies the delivery of services in the light of feedback from recipients and relevant others
· Meet monthly required levels of treatment contacts with at least 80% of contacts occurring in the community
· Complete progress notes, and maintain nursing and health related data entry into EHR
· Provide culturally competent services in accordance with CASES policies and practice
· Any other duties as required by Team Leader and directors.
· Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with current New York State license
· At least two years of experience working with adults with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance use disorders
· Extensive knowledge of healthcare, community treatment, support services and resources
· Ability to work effectively with diverse team and remain highly organized and self-motivated
· Proficient in computers and fluency in Spanish preferred
Salary: Commensurate with experience. A total of 35-hours per week needed between the two ACT programs.
Benefits: Here at CASES we offer benefits that will assist you in making the most of your career and your life. Our programs include health and wellness insurance which is offered through Aetna. A retirement 403(b) plan is held with Principal, education, and training. Additionally, our portable ancillary benefits are offered through Aflac, Legal Shield, and ADP Flexible spending account; which is then deducted through payroll along with commuter benefits, additional short-term disability, cancer, additional income protection, hospitalization coverage, and identity theft protection.
Please apply through: http://smrtr.io/XGSyHQ.
Posted on 07/26/17; CVMHA ID #11272