See all job listings
EVENING GROUP AND INTAKE SOCIAL WORKER - Delta Manor
Center for Urban Community services
The Center for Urban Community Services, a national leader in the development of effective housing and service initiatives for homeless people, invites applications for an EVENING GROUP AND INTAKE SOCIAL WORKER at Delta Manor. New York City Department of Homeless Services (DHS) approached CUCS to assume the operation of the Delta Manor Shelter as of February 2015. The program serves 101 homeless men with serious mental illness. Please note that the Delta Manor is a 5 story walk building with no elevator and all candidates must be able to easily transport using the stairs.
The EVENING GROUP AND INTAKE SOCIAL WORKER is primarily responsible for client intake at shelter programs. This includes screening applications for eligibility, conducting interviews, making enrollment decisions in consultation with site management, and introducing applicants to the services offered at the program. The EVENING GROUP AND INTAKE SOCIAL WORKER is responsible for collaborating with their day time equivalent to ensure vacancies are filed in a timely manner by conducting outreach and intake interviews, and managing relationships with referrals sources and DHS as appropriate to the position.
The EVENING GROUP AND INTAKE SOCIAL WORKER also oversees the Group Services and Activities program in the evening, including providing group services, developing groups, classes and activities, and ensuring that evidence based practices adhere to fidelity standards.
The EVENING GROUP AND INTAKE SOCIAL WORKER is part of a team with the Day Intake and Group Service Social Worker collaborating to ensure Delta Manor is able to intake appropriate clients from throughout the DHS system. The EVENING GROUP AND INTAKE SOCIAL WORKER is responsible for helping their team to function well and meet their contractual obligations, including housing placement goals; and striving, as appropriate to their role, to fulfill the CUCS programs’ core purpose, core values, and vision statements. They are expected to understand and support the management activities that ensure the good functioning of the team and program as a whole. The EVENING GROUP AND INTAKE SOCIAL WORKER may be assigned additional responsibilities.
• Master’s Degree in Social Work required
*CUCS requires that all full-time social workers who provide services within the LMSW or LCSW scope of practice to have a license within 6 months from date of hire.
• Post-masters direct service experience with populations served by the program preferred
• Strong clinical assessment skills
• Computer literacy
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Sound judgment, good decision making skills, and a high degree of tact and professionalism
• Good writing and verbal communication skills
• Ability to problem-solve, prioritize, and effectively manage time
• Experience with EPB groups services preferred
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
· Please be advised that you must upload your cover letter and resume in one document.
· Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
TO APPLY PLEASE COPY AND PASTE LINK BELOW:
Posted on 07/26/17; CVMHA ID #11269