See all job listings
Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Specialist
The Guidance Center of Westchester
The AR & AP Specialist will manage all aspects of accounts receivables and accounts payable including billing, collections, payment posting, vendor invoice coding, data input into Abila MIP and processing payable runs in addition to other related duties as assigned. This position will report directly to the Controller.
• Process full cycle monthly billing and cash receipts: post cash receipts and generate month billing from client vouchers and other reports, create and distribute invoices to customers, follow up with customers and co-workers and apply payments when received.
• Process full cycle weekly accounts payable: coding and input vendor invoices into Abila MIP and process payment.
• Input of client vouchers and customer payments into proprietary database system.
• Input and review of company credit cards.
• Review and process client refund requests.
• Contact customers to ensure timely payment and resolve discrepancies.
• Assist Controller with month-end close, bank and other balance sheet reconciliations and journal entries.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associates or Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or Finance
• Minimum of two year's relevant experience
• Experience with Abila MIP a plus
• Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, show adaptability and meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy with a strong attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills and initiative through research and drive.
Location- Mount Vernon NY- Westchester County
• Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills.
• Ability to process high volume data entry in a timely manner
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong PC skills, including intermediate Excel skills with Microsoft Office. Experience with Abila MIP, a plus.
Posted on 07/21/17; CVMHA ID #11257