See all job listings
Team Leader, Brooklyn Justice Corps
Reports to: Director of Justice Corps Programs
Overview: CASES’ Justice Corps program in Brooklyn and Queens is a project to reconnect individuals with their community through case management, education, community benefit projects, internships, and other activities during a 6-month engagement period with Justice Corps. Eligible participants are 18-24 years of age who have had justice involvement over the past year. The goal of the program is to provide participants with the skills, motivation, and connections they need to meet their long-term education and career goals and avoid future justice system involvement. The Team Leader supports this goal by supervising the case management team and their responsibilities, providing supportive counseling and linkages to mental health services for the clients and serving as the program leader when the Director is off site. This position is located at CASES’ 510 Gates Avenue office in Bedstuy Brooklyn.
• Supervise Case Management team and their responsibilities;
• Conduct initial orientation and intake assessments of program participants;
• Assign cases to Case Management staff;
• Provide supportive counseling and linkages to mental health services wherever necessary;
• Review program plans, conduct case conferences and folder reviews;
• Lead recruitment outreach efforts;
• Conduct weekly individual supervision sessions with supervisees;
• Assist in hiring process and provide initial orientation and on-going training for case managers;
• Act as program leader when the Director is off site;
• All other duties as assigned by the Director of Justice Corps Programs.
• MSW or MHC required
• Two or more years of counseling experience with one year in human services or criminal justice field;
• At least 2 years supervisory experience preferred;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Commitment to the program goals, including a strength-based approach to providing services to previously court-involved young adults;
• Residence in and/or knowledge of the local community preferred;
• Bilingual preferred.
Benefits: Here at CASES we offer benefits that will assist you in making the most of your career and your life. Our programs include health and wellness insurance which is offered through Aetna. A retirement 403(b) plan is held with Principal, education, and training. Additionally, our portable ancillary benefits are offered through Aflac, Legal Shield, and ADP Flexible spending account; which is then deducted through payroll along with commuter benefits, additional short-term disability, cancer, additional income protection, hospitalization coverage, and identity theft protection.
Please apply through: http://smrtr.io/z1P4fw.
Posted on 07/19/17; CVMHA ID #11250