See all job listings
Program Director (Brooklyn Justice Corps Program)
Reports to: Associate Director of Youth Programs
Overview: The NYC borough-based Justice Corps programs bring together model practices from workforce development, reentry and service learning programs. These programs partner community groups, justice agencies and employers to invest in the development and self-sufficiency of court-involved young adults. Justice Corps empowers young adults to be change agents in their personal lives and throughout the broader community. CASES has been the community provider of Queens Justice Corps since 2012 and recently became the Brooklyn Justice Corps provider as well. The Assistant Director supports this goal by managing partnerships with community stakeholders such as the Community Advisory Board (CAB) and assisting in the overall management of the program. This position is located at 510 Gates Avenue in Brooklyn, New York.
• Hire, train and supervise staff;
• Recruit and enroll eligible participants;
• Work closely with community partners to implement community benefit projects and to ensure
that Justice Corps is integrated into and visible within the Brooklyn communities it serves;
• Coordinate with other CASES’ program managers to afford other opportunities at CASES to Brooklyn Justice Corps participants;
• Collaborate with other Justice Corps providers and the Prisoner Reentry Institute to share and adopt best practices;
• Manage the program’s budget;
• Ensure the collection of accurate and timely data on program performance; and
• Ensure the programs meet performance goals and outcomes and implement program improvements.
• Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years management experience required; equivalent combinations of credentials and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree;
• Demonstrated experience establishing and maintaining community partnerships;
• Knowledge of and history with Brooklyn communities strongly preferred;
• Commitment to working with court-involved young people and an understanding of the complex systems, issues and factors that affect them;;
• Strong analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Benefits: Here at CASES we offer benefits that will assist you in making the most of your career and your life. Our programs include health and wellness insurance which is offered through Aetna. A retirement 403(b) plan is held with Principal, education, and training. Additionally, our portable ancillary benefits are offered through Aflac, Legal Shield, and ADP Flexible spending account; which is then deducted through payroll along with commuter benefits, additional short-term disability, cancer, additional income protection, hospitalization coverage, and identity theft protection.
Please apply through: http://smrtr.io/SsTUzA.
Posted on 05/02/17; CVMHA ID #10980