See all job listings
Registered Nurse - Nathaniel ACT
Reports to: Team Leader
Overview: The Nathaniel ACT team provides non-traditional community based mental health treatment to promote the recovery and community integration of individuals with serious mental illnesses and co-occurring substance use disorders who have been charged with a felony. The Registered Nurse is an integral part of the ACT Team, providing health assessment, counseling, and medication management to promote recovery, wellness, and optimal health. The nurse provides services in the community and in the ACT team office, within the framework of core ACT operating principles, professional nursing ethics, and regulatory guidelines. This is a field-based position and requires 80% of services to be provided in the community. Specific responsibilities include:
• Primary responsibility for the development of individualized nursing assessments on all program participants. Develop, implement, and evaluate the nursing regimen for assigned recipients.
• Participate in defining, implementing, and maintaining standards of nursing practice
• Participate in determining conditions, resources, and policies essential to the delivery of nursing care services
• Assesses needs for housing, mental health treatment, substance abuse treatment, medical care, income support, and other services
• Facilitate the coordination of health services into recipients’ service plans
• Facilitate group sessions on prevention, health, wellness, HIV/AIDS education, smoking cessation and recovery
• During the assessment obtains information: a) to establish the degree of medical care and interventions required to promote positive health outcomes, and b) to lead the ACT team around primary care issues and incorporate findings into service plans
• Provide education to all ACT staff around physical health related issues and participant medical care protocols
• Act as advocate and liaison for recipients in securing medical care, and other community supports that promote integrated physical and mental health wellness
• Review and audit medication management procedures and teach all ACT staff how to follow and adhere to the procedures
• Provide supervision to the LPN on medication inventory oversight and medication management procedures
• Coordinate ACT team medical care in coordination with psychiatrist
• Ensure all consumers have primary care provider and receive annual physical and dental examinations
• Provide individual health counseling as needed
• Maintain schedule for recipient prescriptions
• Administer IM’s and vaccines, plants and reads PPD’s, and performs phlebotomy as per orders
• Transcribe orders and updates Medication Administration Records
• Monitor vital signs and side effects of medications and reports findings to Team
• Participate in incident review committee
• Evaluate, on a continuing basis, nursing intervention and expected outcomes
• Involve family, significant others, and housing providers in service provision
• Build in review and evaluation points, and modifies the service plan in the light of feedback from recipients and relevant others
• Meet required levels of treatment contacts and provides crisis intervention on rotating, on-call basis
• Provide 80 percent of treatment contacts in the community
• Complete assessments, progress notes, and significant data
• Provide culturally competent services in accordance with CASES policies and practice.
• Complete progress notes, and maintain nursing and health related data entry into EHR
• Provide culturally competent services in accordance with CASES policies and practice
• Any other duties as required by Team Leader and directors.
• Registered Nurse (RN) with current New York State license
• At least three years of experience working in human services with individuals with substance use disorders, co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders and involvement in the criminal justice system.
• Experience understanding various models and theories pertaining to treatment of substance abuse, mental illness, and risk, need, responsivity to criminal behavior
• Extensive knowledge of community treatment, support services, and resources
• Highly organized and self-motivated
• Proficient in computers
• Fluency in Spanish preferred.
Salary:Commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Here at CASES we offer benefits that will assist you in making the most of your career and your life. Our programs include health and wellness insurance which is offered through Aetna. A retirement 403(b) plan is held with Principal, education, and training. Additionally, our portable ancillary benefits are offered through Aflac, Legal Shield, and ADP Flexible spending account; which is then deducted through payroll along with commuter benefits, additional short-term disability, cancer, additional income protection, hospitalization coverage, and identity theft protection.
Please apply through: http://smrtr.io/Y7O4vA.
Posted on 05/02/17; CVMHA ID #10978