See all job listings
Account Manager/Vocational Coordinator
The Fortune Society
Title: Account Manager/ Vocational Coordinator
Unit: Employment Services
Reports to: Manager of Vocational and Educational Counseling
Status: Full Time; Regular; Non - Exempt
Job Code: TBD
Location: Long Island City
Days/Hours: 5 days/35 hours per week, which may include evenings
Date Prepared: March 30, 2017
Responsible for developing placement opportunities for I-CAN participants; direct placement of ICAN clients; placement through referral/collaboration with other entities; case coordination with ICAN staff and Employment Services ICAN Career Advisor/Facilitator; Creating, reviewing and updating participants resumes; providing job interview coaching, strategically placing participants based on skill set and overall ability; collaborating with I-CAN community staff to support tracking post-placement outcomes; and providing supervised weekly job search activity for all clients on caseload. The Account Manager/Vocational Coordinator will be working out of Fortune’s office at our main office in Long Island City, Queens.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Utilize a strategic, individualized approach to place I-CAN Participants in sustainable jobs and facilitate replacement services for employers and jobseekers when necessary;
• Supervise daily self-directed job search at agency and field activity;
• Demonstrate to employers the effectiveness and profitability of employing Fortune’s
I-CAN participants by identifying positions commensurate with their skill sets;
• Establish relationships with employers that will allow the flow of information regarding problems, complaints, and progress of recently placed jobseekers; identify and discuss corrective action strategies with direct supervisor as needed;
• Educate employers on the socioeconomic advantages of hiring from Fortune’s pool of candidates; be able to cite recent departmental employment statistics and competitive advantages of hiring from Fortune;
• Assist in the completion of strong working resumes for each I-CAN participant and ensure the candidate’s ability to speak to their resume prior to their interview(s); instruct applicants in job search and interviewing techniques as needed;
• Maintain regular phone, email, and in-person communication with clients in account base; document all pertinent discussions, milestones, events, and incidents in real-time in the CLIMB database system;
• Support I-CAN staff with obtaining post-placement retention updates;
• Assist in community outreach events and resource fairs as needed;
• Conduct 1-on-1 counseling sessions with I-CAN participants as needed;
• Attend weekly case conferences and planning meetings with Employment Services staff; and
• Provide additional program and administrative support to the unit as necessary.
• Minimum of an Associate’s degree preferred;
• Prior experience as a Case Manager or Counselor and/or related experience;
• Demonstrated experience in the workforce development field or in a related sales capacity;
• Comfort working in a quota-driven environment;
• Prior demonstrated placement experience/Proven ability to place candidates in sustainable jobs;
• Strong working knowledge of the five boroughs;
• Demonstrated resume development ability;
• Experience working with at risk and/or formerly incarcerated population/relevant personal experience a plus;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus;
• Demonstrated willingness to work within a team environment while also achieving, and maintaining, personal monthly goals;
• Proficient in MS Office; proficient in MS Outlook; intermediate knowledge of MS Excel; and
• We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal experience is a plus.
Requires travel throughout the 5 boroughs to reach out to current and potential new employment partners.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
Posted on 05/01/17; CVMHA ID #10974