See all job listings
Evening Case Manager - Prospect Place
Center for Urban Community services
The Center for Urban Community Services (CUCS) seeks an Evening Case Manager for its Prospect Place women’s shelter for 90 homeless, mentally ill women.
Hours: 4pm—12am Monday--Friday
The program’s goal is permanent housing placement that meets women’s preferences, needs and abilities. The program locations are readily accessible by public transportation.
Program services include: housing placement, on-site health and mental health care, housing focused case management, and group services. The shelter operates 7 days per week with 24 hour clinical and security staff.
The Evening Case Manager is part of the Evening Team which consists of an Evening Supervisor, Evening Social Worker, and two Evening Case Managers. Some of the responsibilities of the Evening Case Manager are:
Fostering seamless service provision across shifts.
1. Knowing and being able to communicate with clients about the program's mission, structure, and approach to treatment.
2. Providing and documenting relevant information about a client to their workers and other program staff.
3. Knowing program rules and reporting on rule violations.
4. Providing medication monitoring during assigned shifts.
5. Assisting with clients moving into the shelter that occur during shift.
Ensuring that clients are safe and comfortable.
1. Responding to crises.
2. Proactively working to create and/or maintain an environment which is safe and comfortable.
Providing and supporting opportunities for therapeutic recreation and socialization.
1. Proactively working to engage clients in the program.
2. Facilitating positive group activities.
Case Manager 1- High school diploma and 2 years experience
· Case Manager 2 – Bachelor’s Degree or HS Diploma or equivalent and 4 years relevant experience.
· Case Manager 3 - BSW and 1 year relevant experience (excluding fieldwork) or Bachelor’s degree and 2 years relevant experience or HS diploma or equivalent and 6 years relevant experience
· For applicants without a college degree, every 30 credits can be substituted for 1 year of experience.
· Demonstrated ability to provide services to clients with psychiatric and medical disabilities and with issues of substance abuse.
· Appropriate verbal and written communication skills
· Computer literacy
· Bilingual-- Spanish speaking preferred
Please be advised that you must upload your cover letter and resume in one document.
Internal applicants will only be considered for this position.
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK LINK BELOW:
Posted on 04/27/17; CVMHA ID #10967