See all job listings
Puerto Rican Family Institute, Inc
Puerto Rican Family Institute, Inc. (PRFI), founded in 1960, is a nonprofit, multi-program family-oriented health and human services agency whose primary mission is to prevent family disintegration and enhance the self-sufficiency of the Latino community. PRFI offers a comprehensive array of social and health care services that are culturally and linguistically relevant. Our core services include mental health treatment, crisis intervention, adult and children’s health care coordination, child placement prevention, residential programs for developmentally disabled adults, and Head Start programs. Our programs operate in New York City and in Puerto Rico and are available to clients of all races and ethnic backgrounds.
PRFI is seeking bilingual Clinic Supervisors to assist the Director with activities within the Article 31 Mental Health Clinic in the Bronx and in Brooklyn, helping with day-to-day management of clinic operations, including enhancing clinic efficiency and revenues, provider productivity and accountability, and client engagement and retention.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assists in day-to-day management of Article 31 clinic operations and oversees daily operations in absence of Program Director.
• Maintain a part-time clinical caseload to provide necessary coverage when requested by Program Director.
• Provides clinical and administrative supervision/training of clinicians, clinical interns and support staff.
• Conduct professional development trainings for clinical staff.
• Provides weekly, individual, clinical supervision to assigned psychotherapists, offering expertise and guidance in a variety of treatment modalities.
• Monitors clinician productivity, documentation, treatment planning, referrals to other clinics and agency services, and communication with outside providers.
• Participates in case conferences with clinic team regarding disposition of all admissions and case closings.
• Supports staff in adhering to clinic policies and procedures, including tracking and enforcement of clinic standards and guidelines.
• Manages clinicians' service provision and ensures accuracy of Medicaid billing in compliance with regulations.
• Offers guidance to clinic providers in accurate identification of services and CPT codes to ensure accurate billing.
• Ensures clinic compliance with all regulations (NYSOMH, HIPAA, etc.), including proper and timely documentation, maximizing reimbursable clinic services under 599.
• Assists with clinic audits and adheres to all state and local reporting requirements, including incident reporting.
• Keeps abreast with current and changing regulations and policies related to service delivery, provider requirements, Medicaid and billing, through monitoring of OMH website and attendance of trainings and meetings of local and state groups and government representatives.
• Participates in current transition of clinic and agency to an electronic medical record system.
• Performs other duties as may reasonably be required to meet the needs of the agency and fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
The ideal candidate will be a licensed mental health professional (LCSW, LCSW-R) with recent experience working in an Article 31 clinic, including strong knowledge base regarding OMH regulations, clinic management and operations. Experience in cultural competence; and evidence-based clinical practice with young children, youth, adults, and families is essential.
The candidate must have a solid understanding of NYS OMH Part 599 to insure the clinic is in compliance with these and all relevant city, state and federal regulations.
The candidate must be a flexible, highly organized, team player, ability to multi-task; close attention to details; and ability to work autonomously.
Must be a bilingual Spanish speaker.
PRFI offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits.
For consideration e-mail resume and cover letter:
Attn: Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to include the title of the position you are interested in.
NO PHONE CALLS. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Puerto Rican Family Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted on 04/26/17; CVMHA ID #10964