See all job listings
Puerto Rican Family Institute, Inc.
Puerto Rican Family Institute, Inc. (PRFI), founded in 1960, is a nonprofit, multi-program family-oriented health and human services agency whose primary mission is to prevent family disintegration and enhance the self-sufficiency of the Latino community. PRFI offers a comprehensive array of social and health care services that are culturally and linguistically relevant. Our core services include mental health treatment, crisis intervention, adult and children’s health care coordination, child placement prevention, residential programs for developmentally disabled adults, and Head Start programs. Our programs operate in New York City and in Puerto Rico and are available to clients of all races and ethnic backgrounds.
PRFI is seeking Case Planners for our Williamsburg Child Placement Prevention Programs to help caretakers meet the children's needs, prevent abuse/neglect, enhance parenting, coping, communication, insight skills of the members of the families, and assist with other concrete needs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for initial assessment of family needs pertaining placement risk factors in children, problems, needs, capacity to use preventive services, and the development of a preliminary service plan in close coordination with Supervisor
• Provides individual and family supportive counseling (e.g. parenting, communication, anger management, coping skills, domestic violence) with supervisor's guidance and support
• Facilitates group meetings (e.g. teen, children’s) and supervises children while parents attend groups.
• Provides adequate case planning, family counseling, and other casework modalities under close coordination of supervision.
• Responsible for the planning, coordinator, and delivery of subordinate services to the family.
• Responsible for monitoring linkages with the Community Services Providers, visits to schools and other providers.
• Responsible for securing the safety of all children served.
• Facilitates client’s use of the psychiatric and psychological services, and the follow-up of the clinician’s recommendations.
• Responsible for a minimum of two-face-to face contacts per month, which includes once a month home visit; making adequate outreach for resistant and/or reluctant clients. All school neglect cases are to have two contacts yearly with school officials. 2nd home visit is required if there is a child under 6 months in the home.
• Responsible for monitoring and close supervision of case management of all preventive services.
• Completion of all FASPS on time, including weekly submission of progress notes.
• Performs the basic administrative tasks related to caseload, such as statistics, recordings, FASPS, progress notes and contact logs.
• Participate actively in weekly individual supervisory conference and group supervision.
• Conduct groups (Parenting Skills Training; Adolescent and Children’s Group).
• Some evenings and/or weekends required.
• Responsible for Community Outreach Advocacy.
• Other duties as deemed necessary by management.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a minimum of 2 years’ experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working in the field of Preventive Services or Foster Care preferred. Knowledge ACS Preventative Services and case planning applications, Connections and Promise.
All candidates must be able to meet state-mandated clearance requirements including:
• Current physical examination
• Criminal background check
• DOI fingerprinting
• SCR and SEL
S/He will have strong organizations skills, high attention to detail, the ability to work within strict time constraints and manage multiple tasks at the same time. Excellent writing skills, strong communication skills and computer proficiency required. Some local travel required. Bi-lingual preferred.
PRFI offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits.
For consideration e-mail resume and cover letter:
Attn: Child Placement Prevention Program Directors
Be sure to include the title of the position you are interested in.
NO PHONE CALLS. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Puerto Rican Family Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted on 04/26/17; CVMHA ID #10962