See all job listings
Training and Placement Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Education and Employment Services
Overview: The Center for Alternative Sentencing and Employment Services
CASES' youth programs aim to help New York City's justice-involved young people, ranging in age from 13-24, to lead productive, crime-free lives. Our approach is distinguished by individualized case management, evidence-based programming, and group activities that build positive peer associations. For many, this is the first time in their lives that they are participating in activities that help them set personal goals and develop the skills they need to reach them.
The Education and Employment team strives to integrate education and training with employment. We offer services that emphasize the need for continued training and learning no matter what the industry or career field. This role will work with the Education and Employment team to ensure services are provided to youth in all of our programs.
This position is a fulltime position that will travel between out Harlem and Downtown Brooklyn offices.
· Provide group and individualized employment counseling that includes developing specific employment-related goals and realistic plans to achieve those goals;
· Facilitate the 3-week internship preparation group as well as other job readiness workshops;
· Develop internship host sites for up to 60 interns a year;
· Create relevant and appropriate curricula for job-readiness workshops;
· Key member of the SYEP team including participant recruitment, worksite development and worksite monitoring throughout the summer;
· Collaborate with service team that includes case coordinators, teachers, social workers and other staff to reinforce common themes, best practices and standards in the fields of workforce development;
· Administer vocation and interest assessments to gauge participants’ employment interests and preferences
· Develop relationships with external partners to execute career panels, resource fairs and other on-site events;
· Maintain contact with participants to ensure they have support and guidance to retain jobs and complete training programs;
· Make appropriate referrals to job training programs with an emphasis on credential opportunities;
· Minimum of BA/BS degree or equivalent experience;
· Demonstrated ability to engage, teach, and motivate youth;
· Ability to work effectively with diverse group of staff, clients, and internship hosts;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Proficiency in Microsoft office especially Excel;
· Comfortable networking in the public and private sector; and
· Comfortable traveling throughout the 5-bouroughs
Benefits: Here at CASES we offer benefits that will assist you in making the most of your career and your life. Our programs include health and wellness insurance which is offered through Aetna. A retirement 403(b) plan is held with Principal, education, and training. Additionally, our portable ancillary benefits are offered through Aflac, Legal Shield, and ADP Flexible spending account; which is then deducted through payroll along with commuter benefits, additional short-term disability, cancer, additional income protection, hospitalization coverage, and identity theft protection.
Please apply through: http://smrtr.io/Knap2Q.
Posted on 04/25/17; CVMHA ID #10953