See all job listings
Center for Urban Community services
The Primary Care Practice Manager is responsible for the daily clinical and financial operations of Janian’s Primary Care Operations. The Practice Manager helps develop and implement policies and procedures to support financial management, human resource management, planning and marketing, information management, risk management, organizational dynamics, business and clinical operations, and professional responsibility. This is a full-time position and reports to Janian’s Deputy Chief Program Officer. The Practice Manager engages in the following activities to fulfill this role:
On-Site Clinical Operations
1. Helps develop and implement policies and procedures that support efficient, high quality, patient-centered services.
2. Collaborates with the Associate Medical Director for Primary Care to ensure primary care operations comply with all relevant laws, regulations and standards of care.
3. Collaborates with the Associate Medical Director for Primary Care and other agency leadership to ensure that on-site primary care is effectively integrated with on-site social service and psychiatry operations.
Financial and Front Office Operations
1. Helps develop and monitor performance indicators that support efficient, high quality, patient-centered services.
2. Helps develop, implement and monitor front office policies and procedures that ensure that management of protected health information complies with all relevant laws and regulations including the HIPAA Privacy Rule.
3. Helps develop and implement policies and procedures that support effective billing practices.
4. Helps develop and implement front office policies and procedures to support achievement of funder goals and outcomes.
5. In collaboration with Janian and CUCS leadership helps develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with insurance plan rules including regarding areas of coverage, service eligibility, referrals, and prior authorizations.
6. Participates in meetings, workgroups, and other program evaluation and quality assurance efforts to ensure front office operations support program objectives.
7. In collaboration with other administrative staff uses metrics to evaluate, present, and participate in continuous quality improvement efforts.
Medical Assistant Functioning
1. Recruits and hires medical assistants.
2. Ensures medical assistants are adequately trained and oriented.
3. Assigns medical assistants.
4. Supports and supervises medical assistants.
5. Develops and updates medical assistant polices and procedures including for processes that support clinical practice, regulatory compliance, and fulfilling obligations to third party payers
6. Ensures medical assistants engage in effective practices that support regulatory compliance and achieving obligations to funders.
Medical Suite Functioning
1. Ensures that medical suites have appropriate equipment and ensures medical equipment is maintained adequately.
2. Ensures that medical suites are adequately and appropriately supplied.
3. Ensures that medical suites are adequately maintained.
4. Ensures that all IT needs are met including that medical suites have:
a. Adequate internet access
b. Adequate work stations
c. Appropriate peripherals (scanners, printers, etc.)
d. Adequate phones
5. Ensures medical suites and medical suite operations are compliant with OSHA and CLIA regulations.
6. Acts as primary liaison to LabCorp
1. Nurse, or other healthcare professional, or a degree in healthcare management or administration.
2. At least one year of relevant supervisory, administrative or managerial experience.
3. Experience working with electronic medical records.
4. Facility with Excel.
5. Good communication and collaboration skills.
6. Commitment to servant leadership principles and person-centered practices.
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK LINK BELOW:
Posted on 04/21/17; CVMHA ID #10946