See all job listings
Senior HR Generalist, Recruiter
The Fortune Society
Title: Senior Human Resources Generalist, Recruiter
Unit: Human Resources
Reports to: AVP, Human Resources
Status: Full Time; Regular; Exempt
Job Code: M505
Location: Long Island City
Date Prepared: April 6, 2017
Responsible for managing Fortune Society’s recruitment lifecycle and providing general support in the delivery of all Agency human resources practices. S/he will primarily focus on serving as the Agency’s lead in position description development, job classifications, applicant sourcing, screening, interviews, reference checks, background checks, compliance, negotiations and offers, and support new staff onboarding processes. The Senior HR Generalist, Recruiter also supports the implementation and delivery of all human resources programs including HRIS, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and completing personnel transactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the AVP, Human Resources, and senior executive staff in the design and delivery of an effective staffing and recruitment strategy;
• Manage and conduct all aspects of the recruitment lifecycle; provide first line of support to hiring managers; develop appropriate recruiting strategy and process;
• Develop/revise/update job descriptions and assign appropriate job classifications; update organization charts and other relevant documents;
• Develop, implement, and document creative and cost effective sourcing strategies to attract top talent;
• Follow candidates through the recruitment cycle, including second and panel interviews; schedule/conduct screens, interviews, and reference checks;
• Conduct sensitive background checks in accordance with Federal, State and local laws and Agency contract compliance as required;
• First line contact in candidate negotiations and offers;
• Work with hiring managers, resource staff and HR team for seamless onboarding of new staff;
• Produce EEOC reports and all other reports containing viable and valued Human Resource metrics; update HRIS data as needed;
• Support hiring managers with new staff Introductory Period Evaluations including following up with supervisors on performance issues and documentation;
• Work closely with the Human Resources team to strengthen the performance management process;
• Support AVP with employee relations issues;
• Perform exit interviews with departing staff, track departure reasons and incorporate results into recruitment needs as appropriate; and
• Perform other human resources generalist duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus;
• S/PHR a plus;
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Human Resources, with at least 3 years of experience managing the full recruitment lifecycle; not-for-profit experience a plus;
• Considerable knowledge and experience with sourcing, interviewing techniques and candidate assessments;
• Must possess solid knowledge of all Federal and State laws regarding employment practices; EEO compliance;
• Practiced in performance management and employee relations preferred;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office; applicant tracking systems; ADP HRIS a plus;
• Experience and ability to work with staff at a variety of levels and to coordinate multiple stakeholders and projects;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Strong organizational and time management skills;
• Good self-direction and team work skills;
• Ability to travel Citywide; and
• A sense of humor.
The Fortune Society encourages individuals to apply who have successfully made the transition from incarceration and/or substance abuse into a stable, productive lifestyle in the community.
Travel Requirements: Will require travel to our Harlem sites; Citywide recruitment efforts where appropriate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted on 04/19/17; CVMHA ID #10936