See all job listings
JAG Recruitment Specialist
Reports to: Director of Education and Employment Services
Overview: CASES' Education and Employment team aims to help New York City's justice-involved young people, ranging in age from 13-24, to lead productive and successful lives. Our approach is distinguished by individualized case management, evidence-based programming, and group activities that build positive peer associations. For many, this is the first time in their lives that they are participating in activities that help them set personal goals and develop the skills they need to reach them.
The Education and Employment unit integrates education and training with employment, offering services that emphasize the need for continued training and learning no matter the industry or career field.
This position will specifically work in our Jobs for America’s Graduates program (JAG). JAG is a national work-readiness and job placement program. CASES is the first organization to implement JAG in New York. The JAG Specialist will support participants in their pursuits of long-term employment or college enrollment while they work towards a High School Equivalency Diploma. Eligible youth are 17- 24 years old, out of school (but interested in a diploma), and under- or unemployed. Youth also will have current or previous involvement in the justice, foster care, or shelter systems.
· Create and maintain relationships with referral partners including but not limited to city agencies (Probation, Parole, ACS) and other CBOs who serve eligible applicants
· Create and deliver presentations to referral partners;
· Coordinate and host onsite partner events;
· Work with JAG Specialists to prepare youth for recruiting events;
· Administer tests to students: TASC (bi-monthly);
· Conduct intake interviews for prospective JAG students including scheduling for any follow-up appointments;
· Comply with all documentation requirements in a timely manner; and,
· Other duties as assigned by Director of Education and Employment.
• Bachelor’s degree required or comparable experience;
• Experience in sales, marketing or recruitment preferred;
• Experience working with youth;
• Detail-oriented and the ability to multitask;
• Proficient Microsoft Office skills, especially with Excel;
• Confidence in public speaking and presentation;
• Passion to work with and support the positive development of youth and young adults who have been victims of violence and/or active participants in violent acts;
• Ability to apply youth development principles and commitment to work from a strengths-based perspective;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and,
• Strong organizational skills.
Benefits: Here at CASES we offer benefits that will assist you in making the most of your career and your life. Our programs include health and wellness insurance which is offered through Aetna. A retirement 403(b) plan is held with Principal, education, and training. Additionally, our portable ancillary benefits are offered through Aflac, Legal Shield, and ADP Flexible spending account; which is then deducted through payroll along with commuter benefits, additional short-term disability, cancer, additional income protection, hospitalization coverage, and identity theft protection.
Please apply through: http://smrtr.io/GY15xw.
Posted on 04/18/17; CVMHA ID #10935