See all job listings
Psychiatrists Forensic Assertive Community Treatment (FACT) Team – Full-time and part-time positions
The mission of CASES is to increase public safety through innovative services that reduce crime and incarceration, improve behavioral health, promote recovery and rehabilitation, and create opportunities for success in the community.
* We are committed to helping people—regardless of their past choices, present struggles, or future obstacles—to build the capacity and courage to change their lives.
* We tailor our services to each individual’s unique needs, risks, and strengths and believe the most effective programs are evidence-based, family-focused, and trauma-informed.
* We are committed to engaging the community by leveraging partnerships and resources to maximize our clients’ opportunities for success.
We recognize that each CASES staff member is critical. We are a team strengthened by our diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents and united by a common purpose.
We are determined to continuously enhance our knowledge and skills, evaluate our results, and learn from our successes and failures.
Our impact on the community:
We believe public safety is best protected through alternatives to incarceration that combine accountability and support with empowerment and opportunity.
We are committed—through continuous innovation and the strategic disruption of ineffective responses to crime, addiction, and mental illness—to creating solutions for some of the city’s most difficult public safety and public health challenges
Reports to: Medical Director
Locations: Manhattan & Brooklyn
Overview: We all strive to make a difference in the world, and practicing community psychiatry; working with the underserved population can help reach this goal and can be gratifying. CASES has been a pioneer in serving individuals with serious mental illness, involved in the criminal justice system, and can be the right place for you to use your passion as a psychiatrist. The FACT team serves individuals who are on parole, probation, returning to the community from jails and prisons, participating in alternative-to-incarceration and treatment court services and those with history of high-risk and violent behavior. The team provides 80% of its treatment services in community locations.
The Psychiatrist provides assessment and treatment; clinical supervision, education, training and development of the team. You will also be providing clinical leadership and working closely with the team leader, as your co-chief. You will have the opportunity to provide treatment to individuals within their community, especially those who have difficulty, or who decline, to present to the office. As a physician, do you see your role as a social justice advocate- do you like to think outside the box-and do you enjoy working in a place conducive to an ongoing learning experience, with a team-based approach to care? If so, FACT at CASES is for you.
This is a full or part time position, where you will join a community of passionate psychiatrists, working closely with our medical director, with regular one-on-one meeting, as well as established group psychiatrist meetings. You will have the opportunity to teach trainees, take on added leadership role, and make changes at a system level, should any of that be of interest to you. This position also provides additional experience in forensic psychiatry, addiction, and integrated primary care and behavioral health. Our IS department provides our psychiatrists with mobile technology and web-based EHR to use in the field, leading to great time management, efficiency and a smooth care coordination.
Please contact us and find out if we are a good fit.
• Conduct comprehensive psychiatric assessments and craft a holistic service plan, based on a biopsychosocial and cultural formulation, geared to address the social determinants of health for each individual;
• Provide psychiatric follow up visits, treatment for co-occurring substance use disorders and respond to crisis situations;
• Conducts visits in the community in accordance with FACT licensing standards ensuring individuals are seen at least once each quarter in the community and the first visit with the individual after admission is conducted in the community;
Serve as the medical leader for the team, directly supervising Nursing Staff, participating in team meetings to evaluate risk and risk management needs, and coordinating care with family and other community treatment providers, along with Nursing Staff and Team Leader
• Deliver best standards of care, including integrated care, and best prescribing practices
• Licensed as a physician by the NYS Education Department;
• Certified by, or eligible to be certified by, the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology;
• Experience in community psychiatry, working with people with serious mental illness, and co-occurring substance use disorders;
• Spanish speaking preferred.
Benefits: Here at CASES we offer benefits that will assist you in making the most of your career and your life. Our programs include health and wellness insurance which is offered through Aetna. A retirement 403(b) plan is held with Principal, education, and training. Additionally, our portable ancillary benefits are offered through Aflac, Legal Shield, and ADP Flexible spending account; which is then deducted through payroll along with commuter benefits, additional short-term disability, cancer, additional income protection, hospitalization coverage, and identity theft protection.
Please apply through: http://smrtr.io/AYupSg.
Posted on 04/14/17; CVMHA ID #10927