See all job listings
Per Diem Social Worker - Prospect Place
Center for Urban Community services
The Center for Urban Community Services (CUCS) seeks Per Diem Social Workers for its Prospect Place shelter for homeless, mentally ill women in Brooklyn, NY.
The program’s goal is permanent housing placement that meets women’s preferences, needs and abilities. The program is readily accessible by public transportation.
Program services include: housing placement, on-site health and mental health care, housing focused case management, and group services. The program operates 7 days per week with 24 hour clinical and security staff.
Prospect Place is a beautiful, newly renovated building on a tree-lined street. Amenities include: a full medical suite and offices for the on-site medical, psychiatric, and social service teams, multiple resident lounges with TVs and computers, and outdoor garden space.
Saturdays and Sundays 8am—4pm AND 4pm—12am (required)
The Per Diem Social Worker is responsible for ensuring the comfort and well-being of the community, providing task supervision to other staff onsite, and providing direct clinical services as needed or assigned.
Some of the responsibilities of the Per Diem Social Worker shift:
Fostering seamless service provision across shifts.
1. Knowing and being able to communicate with clients about the program's mission, structure, and approach to treatment.
2. Providing and documenting relevant information about a client to their workers and other program staff.
3. Knowing program rules and reporting on rule violations.
4. Providing medication monitoring during assigned shifts.
Ensuring that clients are safe and comfortable.
1. Responding to crises.
2. Proactively working to create and/or maintain an environment which is safe and comfortable.
Providing and supporting opportunities for therapeutic recreation and socialization.
1. Proactively working to engage clients in the program.
2. Facilitating positive group activities.
MSW, LMSW preferred
Minimum of 2 years of applicable post-master’s degree direct service experience in the social work field with related populations
Good writing and verbal communication skills
Bilingual Spanish/English is preferred
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW:
Please be advised that you must upload your cover letter and resume in one document.
Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
Posted on 04/12/17; CVMHA ID #10921