See all job listings
Social Worker - Delta Manor
Center for Urban Community services
The Center for Urban Community Services, a national leader in the development of effective housing and service initiatives for homeless people, invites applications for a SOCIAL WORKER at the Delta Manor shelter in the Bronx. The program serves 101 homeless men with serious mental illness. Please note that the Delta Manor is a 5 story walk building with no elevator and all candidates must be able to easily transport using the stairs.
The Social Worker is responsible for working with an assigned group of clients to help them obtain housing placement; live full and satisfying lives in the community; helping their team and program to function well and meet their contractual obligations including meeting contracted housing placement goals; and striving, as appropriate to their role, to fulfill the CUCS programs’ core purpose, core values and vision statements.
While the Social Worker is principally responsible for providing services directly to clients and in doing that to function with a level of autonomy that is appropriate to their professional training and experience, they are also expected to understand and support the management activities that ensure the good functioning of the team and the program as a whole. They may also be expected to provide oversight and support to their team in the absence of the Clinical Coordinator or the team leader. The Social Worker may be assigned additional responsibilities.
In this job, you will be able to work toward your LCSW by obtaining the necessary clinical practice hours and receiving supervision from a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.Experience and Education Required:
• Master’s Degree in Social Work required.
• An LMSW is required within six months of hire.
• Recent and upcoming graduates and experienced clinicians encouraged to apply.
Post-masters direct service experience with populations served by the program preferred
• Strong clinical assessment skills
• Computer literacy
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Sound judgment, good decision making skills, and a high degree of tact and professionalism
• Good writing and verbal communication skills
• Ability to problem-solve, prioritize, and effectively manage time
• Experience with EPB services preferred
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK LINK BELOW:
· Please be advised that you must upload your cover letter and resume in one document.
· Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
Posted on 04/11/17; CVMHA ID #10916