See all job listings
VIP Community Services
POSITION TITLE: CFO REPORTS TO: CEO
VIP Community Services is a not-for-profit community based organization that is on the cutting edge of healthcare transformation. The agency is dedicated to a continuum of services to individuals living with substance use disorders, mental health disorders, chronic medical conditions, and homelessness. This continuum is fully integrated with primary care, housing and care coordination. Our client-centered approach empowers people to take charge of their lives and discover their personal paths to self-sufficiency. This Bronx based organization is seeking a CFO to lead the Finance team and join the senior management team.
• Under the direction of the CEO, the CFO will provide leadership, direction and management of VIP’s financial planning and practices, including accounting, budgeting, reporting, revenue management for billing and accounts receivable and audits.
• Assess business risks and develop procedures to ensure VIP is meeting its fiduciary responsibilities.
• Develops and implements financial/budget/accounting system controls and standards organization-wide as well ensures timely production of financial, program and statistical reports for management and/or Board use.
• Provides direction to a team of 10 accounting and administrative support professionals.
• Oversee the annual audit process as well as ensure adherence to all city, state, federal and private funders and regulators.
• Assist the Senior Management and Board in strategic planning and will ensure the provision of accurate and timely reports to support organizational decision making and financially responsible operations.
• Oversee annual audit process as well as ensure adherence to all city, state, federal and private funders and regulators.
• Graduate degree in Accounting, CPA preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience overseeing a finance/accounting department for a non-profit healthcare organization.
• Experience with Federal, New York City (DOH,HPD,+), and New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse an DMH preferred but not required.
• Experience with Fund EZ accounting software, tax credit financing and housing development strongly preferred.
• Understand the complex not- for- profit setting and reimbursement structures specific to managed care.
• Strong strategic, decisive, analytical skills and capable leader that brings a sophisticated and resourceful approach to his/her role and responsibilities.
• Possess the following key skills: ability to get along with others crucial, a warm, engaging personal style, ability to think quickly on his/her feet, understanding of a service culture and manage multiple priorities.
• Excellent problem solver, interpersonal and communication skills, high level of Integrity, empathetic, excellent critical and analytical skills, and a decision maker.
• Additionally, the person in this role must have a successful track record of being a strong supervisor with skills to operate both as a high level administrator and as a hands-on, highly capable financial officer.
• Provide guidance on all accounting and GAAP related issues thus insuring compliance
with all applicable Federal and New York State rules and regulations.
Posted on 04/07/17; CVMHA ID #10911