See all job listings
Substance Use Counselor
The Guidance Center of Westchester
PROGRAM: The Hub/Sunrise
HOURS: Monday through Friday, specific hours TBD
• At least 3 years’ experience completing assessments and providing substance use counseling to adolescents and/or adults in a clinic setting or school-based setting.
• Familiarity with OASAS documentation requirements, including intake and diagnosis assessment (DSM), medical necessity, golden thread, treatment planning and clinical interventions from the start of treatment through termination.
• Familiarity working with addictions, SPMI, complex trauma and psychosocial stressors of poverty, abuse, abandonment, grief/loss, foster care, low/no literacy and criminal justice involvement.
• Experience working with DSS, PINS, CPS, schools and Adoption/Foster Care.
• Ability to utilize electronic medical records while documenting collaboratively a plus.
Posted on 04/07/17; CVMHA ID #10908