See all job listings
The Fortune Society
Title: Peer Navigator
Unit: Health Services
Reports to: Health Services Program Coordinator
Status: Full-Time; Regular; Non-Exempt
Job Code: R150
Days/Hours: Monday- Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Date Prepared: April 3, 2017
The Peer Navigator will assist Case Manager and Health Educator with assessing consumer needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct outreach and engagement efforts to engage and retain consumers in care;
• Coach consumers in self-advocacy and self-management;
• Accompany consumers on clinical and supportive service appointments;
• Assist Case Managers during some interventions;
• Assist the Health Educator during educational sessions; and
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED/HSE preferred;
• Ability to speak and write clearly;
• Be reflective of the communities/populations being served (bilingual, PLWHA, African-American, Latino, LGBT, former substance users, etc.);
• Be knowledgeable about the region’s services and familiar with navigating the systems of care; and
• We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal experience is a plus.
Travel Requirements - Harlem office, community, Correctional Facility, may have to travel to LIC office.
Physical Demands: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
Posted on 04/06/17; CVMHA ID #10904