See all job listings
PC SUPPORT TECHNICIAN - Part Time Intern
Reports To: Network Manager
II. Position Description
CASES is seeking a part time PC Support Technician to support the IS Tech Team with day-to-day operations. Experience with Windows computers in a networked environment is preferred but not essential if you have the technical training, as long as you enjoy troubleshooting, working with a team and also on your own, and helping people with their computer problems. The position offers the opportunity for a broad range of hands-on experience with supporting an organization's technology infrastructure. We are looking for a self-starter able to work in a fast-paced environment. The position is for 19 hours per week for one year. You will be rotating between our Harlem and downtown Brooklyn offices, with regular travel to other borough offices.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Setup, configure, update and move workstations. Troubleshoot problems with computers and network. Work with Tech Team to organize and maintain inventory and system documentation.
● Setup and configure workstations, keep computer inventory up to date.
● Troubleshooting: Monitor IS Helpdesk:
○ Prioritize/schedule tasks with end-users to address issues in timely fashion;
○ Document resolution or status of ongoing and completed tasks;
○ Keep Tech Team updated on progress/status of issues and appraise them of ongoing or recurrent problems;
○ Follow through with end-users to ensure complete and effective resolution of issues.
● Organization: Work with Tech Team to organize and maintain inventory of parts and equipment. Parts and equipment should be easy to find at 1:00 in the morning while replacing a failed hard drive in a File Server.
● Team support:
○ Share knowledge with other Tech Team members, particularly helping those who want to learn more;
○ Keep a clear and open line of communication between all members of the Tech Team and with the IS Unit as a whole where appropriate;
○ Ask for help when needed;
○ Learn functions and procedures of other team members.
● Proactive suggestions/analysis: How can the Tech Team provide better assistance to Information Services and the organization at large?
Minimum of one year experience working with Windows hardware in a networked environment. Experience working with end users, OS X in Windows network and with MS Office helpful. Office 365 a plus.
$15/hour for 19 hours per week. Position is for one year.
Please apply through: http://smrtr.io/ps_F1w.
Posted on 03/29/17; CVMHA ID #10882