See all job listings
Care Coordinator Supervisor
NADAP, Inc. is a multiservice non-profit agency dedicated to helping people with medical, behavioral health and social service needs to become self sufficient. NADAP has 45 years of experience operating programs that assist disadvantaged populations in New York City and Nassau County. NADAP's services include assessment, care coordination, case management, professional training, and job preparation, placement and retention services. NADAP provides services to more than 25,000 people annually. Visit us at www.nadap.org.
NADAP’s Health Home Care Coordination program works in partnership with medical and behavioral health providers to align services that promote access to care and enhanced health outcomes for Medicaid recipients with a history or risk of over-utilizing medical and behavioral health services. Using an integrated medical-behavioral health approach, our team conducts face to face and telephonic outreach, provides assessment, intervention, referral, linkage, monitoring and service planning for individuals with complex medical conditions, severe mental illness, substance abuse and long-term care needs. Care Coordinators work closely with networks of clinical service providers to manage identified needs, stabilize participants and reduce health care costs.
Care Coordinator Supervisor
The Care Coordination Supervisor provides clinical and administrative supervision for a team delivering care based on an integrated medical and behavioral health service delivery model. Services are provided to Medicaid recipients living with complex medical conditions, severe mental illness, substance abuse and long-term care needs and a history or risk of over-utilizing medical and behavioral health services. The Care Coordination Supervisor works closely with his/her team to ensure consistent provision of high quality face to face and telephonic outreach, assessment, intervention, referral, linkage, monitoring and service planning for all persons served. The Care Coordination Supervisor compiles and maintains programmatic data reports and builds relationships with Health Home network medical and behavioral health providers to align services that promote access to care and enhanced health outcomes for all clients.
- Provides clinical and administrative supervision to care coordinators to monitor performance, provides training to teach new skills and coaches to improve performance
- Utilizes management tools and database to track staff work activities including outreach, intake, assessment, service planning and delivery, referrals and linkages to community-based organizations, follow-up, collaboration with collateral contacts, documentation, confidentiality and contact standards
- Develops and implements performance improvement plans and manages progressive disciplinary process as needed
- Writes and delivers performance appraisals
- Conducts quality improvement reviews; develops and implements action plans to improve effectiveness and efficiency of staff
- Assists in the planning and implementation of operational procedures and provides program management with continuous feedback about operations
- Serves as point of contact for crisis intervention services
- Maintains clinical documentation and records that uphold all HIPAA regulations
- Collaborates with referral sources including clinical care providers and legal entities
- Reviews and addresses treatment/medication adherence issues as needed
- Utilizes multiple Electronic Health Record systems
- Develops, delivers and participates in ongoing professional trainings
- Master’s Degree in social services or behavioral health related field required
- Three (3) years of job-related experience supervising staff who deliver medical, mental health or substance abuse-focused services to individuals living with chronic medical and/or severe and persistent behavioral health needs
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing and computer skills
- Working knowledge of medical and/or behavioral health care environments including diagnoses/assessment, clinical terminology, documentation standards and health information systems strongly preferred
- Bilingual Spanish, Russian, or Chinese a plus
Posted on 03/29/17; CVMHA ID #10881