See all job listings
Training and Placement Coordinator
Reports to: Queens Justice Corps Program Director
Overview: The Center for Alternative Sentencing and Employment Services
CASES' youth programs aim to help New York City's justice-involved young people, ranging in age from 13-24, to lead productive, crime-free lives. Our approach is distinguished by individualized case management, evidence-based programming, and group activities that build positive peer associations. For many, this is the first time in their lives that they are participating in activities that help them set personal goals and develop the skills they need to reach them.
The Intellectual and Career Development unit strives to integrate education and training with employment. We offer services that emphasize the need for continued training and learning regardless of the industry or career field. This role will work with the ICD team to ensure services are provided to youth in our programs.
· Initiate and maintain ongoing contacts with a variety of business and industry representatives and job placement/training agencies to promote programs for participant placement;
· Collect data from employers related to job openings including job requirements and skills and use this data to prepare applicants;
· Instruct participants in resume writing, job search and interviewing techniques;
· Facilitate workshops for on-site credentialing opportunities;
· Create relevant and appropriate curricula for job-readiness workshops;
· Collaborate with service team that includes case coordinators, social workers and other staff to establish an appropriate transition
· Be informed of best practices and standards in the fields of workforce development, including labor-market trends;
· Attend networking events and share information with the team;
· Maintain contact with participants to ensure support and guidance with job/training program retention.
· Minimum of BA/BS degree or equivalent experience;
· Demonstrated ability to engage, teach, and motivate youth;
· Ability to work effectively with diverse group of staff, clients, and external partners;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Comfortable networking in the public and private sector;
· Comfortable traveling throughout the 5-bouroughs, and;
· Ability to pass written and computer assessments
Benefits: Here at CASES we offer benefits that will assist you in making the most of your career and your life. Our programs include health and wellness insurance which is offered through Aetna. A retirement 403(b) plan is held with Principal, education, and training. Additionally, our portable ancillary benefits are offered through Aflac, Legal Shield, and ADP Flexible spending account; which is then deducted through payroll along with commuter benefits, additional short-term disability, cancer, additional income protection, hospitalization coverage, and identity theft protection.
Please apply through: http://smrtr.io/JfQLyg.
Posted on 03/17/17; CVMHA ID #10831