See all job listings
Director, Evaluation and Business Intelligence
Reports to: Chief Strategic Initiatives Officer
Overview: The combination of striving to be the best at what you do and doing what you are most passionate about leads to fulfilling work, and using this work to make a difference in the lives of others can be meaningful. Working at CASES offers the rare chance to do just that. CASES contributes to developing a New York City in which a person’s previous criminal involvement or behavioral health needs do not limit one’s prospects to realize one’s best life. As a result, CASES operates with the mission to increase public safety through innovative services that reduce crime and incarceration, improve behavioral health, promote recovery and rehabilitation, and create opportunities for success in the community. CASES is committed to helping all people through individualized, community oriented services and acknowledges the value and importance of each member of the staff. We function as a team united by a mission and strengthened by a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives and talents.
We are a multiservice organization providing interventions across the full spectrum of criminal justice involvement, including programs to prevent arrest, reduce unnecessary detention among those awaiting trial, promote the effective use of alternatives-to-incarceration following conviction, and support effective reentry upon the return to the community from jail or prison. Our services support the individual and protect public safety. We run 24 programs with locations across the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens that annually serve 6,000 youth and adults. Our core service areas include court programs, behavioral health, education and employment, and civic engagement.
We have recently experienced significant expansion in programs and services in the criminal justice, education and employment and health fields. As a result, many new relationships with government agencies, non-governmental funders and Medicaid Managed Care organizations have developed, dramatically increasing the complexity of our reporting. Our data needs, including tracking and analysis, as well as reporting, have become more complex. At this pivotal moment, we are focused on evaluating and improving our tools, systems, and protocols to better serve our staff and participants, as well as maintain and strengthen our costs and partnerships.
In addition to guiding and supervising all complex data analyses, the Director will spearhead efforts to innovate and strengthen the ways we collect, organize, and use data. We are seeking a mission-driven evaluator to provide leadership, intelligence, and direction in capturing, analyzing, managing and presenting our data towards the goals of program effectiveness, service quality for justice-involved populations, operational efficiency, and cost-effectiveness. The Director will be responsible for advancing the collective understanding of outcomes and performance of our programs and services.
· Supervise a team of data analysts and serve as project manager on designated projects;
· Lead program evaluation by designing and implementing evaluation projects; Astutely identify and fill-in gaps in current data collection processes as they relate to key program outcome variables; Provide quality assurance oversight of all procedures and analysis;
· Collaborate with researchers, universities, and foundations on program evaluation and research activities and prepare materials for dissemination, including technical reports, and issue briefs and manuscripts for internal and peer-reviewed publications;
· Translate raw data into compelling insights, including identifying data sources and approaches to address evaluation questions or hypotheses to contribute qualitative and quantitative results to grant proposals and business development efforts;
· Synthesize complex qualitative and quantitative data to form clear, well-supported, data-driven recommendations for non-technical audiences and present results to internal stakeholders; Develop data-driven stories and executive presentations using multiple channels; Deliver actionable information to executive staff, program managers and line staff that leads to greater organizational effectiveness and effectively collaborate and communicate to ensure the effective implementation of data entry, retrieval, and storage processes;
· Analyze data and develop models/algorithms in innovative ways to identify trends, patterns, and insights pertinent to programmatic performance that lead to actionable findings; Validate and test key hypotheses and prediction logic used to determine return on investment;
· Lead the development of systems that establish and maintain the integrity of CASES’ data collection and analysis procedures for program data maintained internally and client data accessible in repositories maintained by external agencies including government health and criminal justice agencies, managed care organizations and other agencies;
· Align analytics with CASES’ mission, value statement, and business development and strategic plans and build on the evidence base of CASES’ programs and services by use of statistical techniques and predictive analytics to inform strategic thought and decisions.
· Doctoral degree in either Economics, Statistics, Sociology, Psychology, Health Policy, Health Services Research, Public Policy, Criminal Justice, Criminology, or a related discipline, plus at least 2 years relevant experience; (May consider applicants with Master’s degree in a related field and 6+ years of relevant post-degree experience);
· Extensive knowledge of statistical analyses (e.g., cluster and regression analysis) and statistical tools preferred (R, SAS, Stata, SPSS or other statistical software); Comprehensive knowledge and experience working with electronic health records (EHR); Proficiency in SQL, PL/SQL, as well as Microsoft Office Suite;
· Experience working in a foundation, government, or non-profit organization, managing large projects with many stakeholders;
· Must have experience with the design, management and implementation of research and large evaluation projects and aptitude in leading project teams and track record of successful presentation of analytic findings;
· Strong interpersonal, collaborative, managerial, staff-development, and leadership skills and the flexibility necessary for working in a fast-paced and complex organization including excellent oral and written communication;
· Proven ability to work independently on data management and analysis projects as well as with professionals across a variety of skillsets and backgrounds.
Please include a cover letter with your salary requirements.
Benefits: Here at CASES we offer benefits that will assist you in making the most of your career and your life. Our programs include health and wellness insurance which is offered through Aetna. A retirement 403(b) plan is held with Principal, education, and training. Additionally, our portable ancillary benefits are offered through Aflac, Legal Shield, and ADP Flexible spending account; which is then deducted through payroll along with commuter benefits, additional short-term disability, cancer, additional income protection, hospitalization coverage, and identity theft protection.
Please apply through: http://smrtr.io/88MvHg.
Posted on 03/17/17; CVMHA ID #10830