See all job listings
SYEP Program assistant (April through August)
Job title: SYEP Program assistant (April through August)
Reports to: Supervisor of Intellectual and Career Development
Overview: CASES' Education and Employment team aims to help New York City's justice-involved young people, ranging in age from 13-24, to lead productive and successful lives. Our approach is distinguished by individualized case management, evidence-based programming, and group activities that build positive peer associations. For many, this is the first time in their lives that they are participating in activities that help them set personal goals and develop the skills they need to reach them.
The Education and Employment unit integrates education and training with employment. We offer services that emphasize the need for continued training and learning no matter the industry or career field.
The ICD team is looking for a summer assistant for the Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP). This position will support the SYEP team from April 2017 - August 2017. CASES provides 300 vulnerable youth with an opportunity to have a 6-week work experience during the summer. This position will support this effort.
This position will require a considerable amount of travel within NYC while the home office can be either in Downtown Brooklyn or Harlem.
This position entails a 30-hour weekly commitment, some hours are flexible. This position can begin as soon as April 3rd. The expectation is for this position to run through at least August 18th.
· Worksite monitoring which includes weekly visits to assigned work sites to collect timesheets, troubleshoot any issues from the employer or the youth participants and ensure all documentation is correct and submitted on time;
· Establish and maintain relationships with employers and the participants to promote a successful employment experience;
· Assist with securing appropriate worksites for youth;
· Assist with participant recruitment;
· Facilitate SYEP Orientation for youth who are eligible for a worksite assignment;
· Comply with all documentation requirements in a timely manner.
• Experience with SYEP preferred but not required;
• Experience serving youth ages 14-24;
• Strong Organizational skills and ability to multitask;
• Detail oriented;
• Proficient Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel and Google Docs;
• Ability to be flexible and team oriented;
• Excellent verbal and written communication;
• Comfort with traveling throughout the city;
• Ability to apply youth development principles and commitment to work from a strengths-based perspective;
• Passion to work with and support the positive development of youth and young adults that have been victims of violence and active participants in violent acts.
Benefits: Here at CASES we offer benefits that will assist you in making the most of your career and your life. Our programs include health and wellness insurance which is offered through Aetna. A retirement 403(b) plan is held with Principal, education, and training. Additionally, our portable ancillary benefits are offered through Aflac, Legal Shield, and ADP Flexible spending account; which is then deducted through payroll along with commuter benefits, additional short-term disability, cancer, additional income protection, hospitalization coverage, and identity theft protection.
Please apply through: http://smrtr.io/cF0lWw.
Posted on 03/15/17; CVMHA ID #10827