See all job listings
POSITION SUMMARY: Evaluate each consumer’s need for nursing care on an on-going basis and provide such care and Residential programs.
1. Coordinates medical pre-admission evaluate and screening of
2. Transcribes medication orders and dispenses daily medication to
consumers as indicated.
3. Reviews special dietary orders and ensures accurate
documentation of blood pressure and weight for consumers.
4. Provides first aid and daily nursing care to consumers as needed.
Monitors consumer’s medical condition through observation and
5. Provide on-going care and treatment of medical issues as
prescribed by the Nursing Care Plans and/or physicians
instructions, including but not limited to, providing soaks, changing
dressings and managing G tubes and colostomy bags etc.
6. Serves as assigned on emergency medical response team. (Day
7. Provides on-going staff training in
a. Detecting signs and symptoms of illness
b. Specific health needs of the consumer
d. Proper oral hygiene methods
f. Infection control, including universal precautions and OSHA standards.
g. Hospitalization and emergency medical procedures
8. Conducts AMAP training courses as required by the Health Care Coordinator or conducts initial and annual medication pouring observations for all assigned staff.
9. Administer Hepatitis Vaccine and PPD test to staff as scheduled
10. Acts as a liaison with physician, dietitians, hospitals, pharmacies and families for all medical situations.
11. Participates in Interdisciplinary Team Meetings when present.
12. Maintain confidentiality at all times.
13. Other duties as requested.
Must have a current NYS RN License. Minimum one year of experience. Experience treating the developmentally disabled preferred. Will train new grads
Posted on 03/13/17; CVMHA ID #10821