See all job listings
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the total residence in accordance with state and federal regulations. Supervises Assistant Residence Manager, Shift Supervisor, direct care and support staff. Ensure residents receive quality care; develop and maintain good relations with families and community groups. Coordinate all day-to-day operational issues within the residence and be available on-call for emergencies. Must have working knowledge of computer systems (i.e., Outlook, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, etc.).
1. Ensures that all activities enhance and support each person’s
social responsibility, Independence, dignity and continued growth.
2. Implements goals designed to maximize each residents level of
independence, as determined by the IDT, including but not limited
to: budgeting, grooming, nutritional planning, use of public
transportation, use of community resources,shopping and
3. Supervises direct care counselors in the performance of all day-to-
day responsibilities; this includes review of consumer data
documentation in Avatar. Train new staff as assigned by role
modeling tasks and assigning working partners.
4. Supervises and monitors residential staff in completion of job
5. Responsible for implementation of all policies, procedures and
programs of the facility and PSCH in accordance with OPWDD
regulations and guidelines.
6. Maintains staff and residents written records. Also responsible to
update and maintain consumer records in Avatar, including but not
limited to completion of the daily census, EMAR (electronic
medication administration record), data collection, etc.
7. Serves as the Interdisciplinary Team Leader and participate in all
necessary program planning meetings. Complete QDDP (Qualified
Developmental Disabilities Professional) notes as needed, but no
less than monthly.
8. Attends and participates in agency standing committees, trainings,
and other out of residence activities as assigned.
9. Reviews and ensures timely submission of all purchase requisitions
and maintains accounting systems for all expenditures.
10. Ensures timely and accurate submission of all payroll
11. Ensures Residence Physical Plant is maintained and meets
regulatory requirements. Ensures all issues involving repair and
maintenance are addressed as needed.
12. Must successfully complete and ensure that all staff complete and
perform all techniques required in SCIP, AMAP, CPR, First Aid, etc.
13. Maintains resident’s individual financial ledgers to ensure accuracy
and monies are spent appropriately.
14. Reviews all incident reports as required under state and federal
regulations and ensure all appropriate actions and follow-up are
15. Must be able to physically interact with the program residents,
negotiate the environment independently including assisting in all
SCIP interventions, emergency CPR and or first aid techniques and
16. Communicates relevant information to all residential/day treatment
staff and supervisor(s). Maintains coordination of services.
17. Must model and perform all aspects of residents’ program plans,
demonstrating techniques to residence staff.
18. Maintains confidentiality at all times.
19. Work schedules and location are subject to change based on
20. Other duties as requested.
Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Health, Education and Human Services is required for Residence Manger/ QDDP. Must have a minimum of three years experience in program supervision and at least 1 year experience working with the developmentally disabled population. Must meet these requirements to be in accordance with 483 Regulations, ICF and 671 Regulations, IRA. A valid NYS Driver’s license is required.
Posted on 03/10/17; CVMHA ID #10812