See all job listings
Substance Use Treatment Position- ACT
Center for Urban Community services
The Center for Urban Community Services, a national leader in the development of effective housing and service initiatives for homeless people invites applications for a Social Worker position for its Substance Use Services at the ACT team, a mobile, multidisciplinary mental health program in the Bronx.
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) funded a new Master’s level substance use treatment position for all New York City Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) teams as a part of the City’s larger mental health initiative, New York City SAFE.
The CUCS ACT team serves 68 clients diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness who are homeless or have a history of homelessness. The ACT team outreaches and enrolls people into its services, helps them to obtain housing if they are homeless, works with individuals to return to a full and satisfying life in the community, and assists with an eventual transition to less intensive services in the community. ACT services are delivered by a multi-disciplinary, mobile, professional team that assumes total responsibility for case management, rehabilitation, psychiatric and substance abuse services. The ACT team provides at least 80%o of its services in the community, primarily through home visits. The program is located in the North-East Bronx and serves clients living in the Bronx and Manhattan.
As a member of the treatment team provide:
· Evidence-based and harm reduction oriented substance use treatment for a caseload of clients with serious mental illness and substance use disorders,
· Evidenced-based substance use treatment groups for ACT clients,
· Consultation and support to other team members on treatment approaches,
· Assistance to clients needing help accessing inpatient services,
· Good working relationships with inpatient service providers,
· Consultation with team medical staff on medical approaches for substance use treatment,
· Consultation with medical providers on serious medical issues related to substance use,
· Supervision of team substance use specialist regarding individual and group substance use treatment as assigned by the Program Director.
· Per NYC DOHMH a Master’s degree is REQUIRED for this position
· LMSW or LMHC
· Experience in substance use treatment
· Experience with seriously mentally ill people
· Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not required
· Valid NYS Driver’s License
Posted on 03/10/17; CVMHA ID #10811