See all job listings
The Fortune Society
Unit: Better Living Center
Reports to: Clinic Director
Status: Full-Time; Regular; Non-Exempt
Job Code: S225
Location: Long Island City
Date Prepared: March 3, 2017
This key position is the first point of contact for clients, visitors, guests and staff who come to The Better Living Center. The receptionist manages clinic traffic flow and provides clerical and administrative support in addition to scheduling, answering phones and maintaining charts. Duties will be performed using person-centered, respectful communication and relationship-building skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Greet clients, guests, visitors and other staff in a friendly and respectful manner. Assist with navigating individuals with the requested services or information. Notify service provider that client is present;
• Provide additional assistance to client as needed or appropriate for the waiting room while maintaining confidentiality and professionalism;
• Manage appointment calendars in CLIMB and Outlook for new and for returning clients. Manage service provider schedules;
• Answer phones and provide information in response to caller inquiries in a professional, respectful manner while maintaining client confidentiality. Take clear phone messages for callers and ensure delivery of messages to appropriate staff member;
• Maintain filing of charts and other paperwork in client charts. Assist with creating charts for new clients as needed;
• Maintaining consistent outreach to clients who miss appointments and perform calls to clients to confirm upcoming appointments;
• Manage the clinic’s metro card distribution process which includes obtaining metro cards as instructed according to agency process, careful and complete documentation on metro card paperwork, including client signature and identifying information. Reconciliation of metro cards and providing documentation in a timely manner to entitlements for processing;
• Attend trainings as per agency requirements and participate in supervision sessions as scheduled by supervisor; and
• Other duties as assigned.
• H.S. Diploma, HSE, and/or appropriate education, training or experience preferred. Trade or High School training in business skills a plus;
• 1 year of previous office or customer service experience helpful. Excellent oral communications and interpersonal skills;
• Experience using Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, and Excel) in a professional environment;
• Ability to write clear, detailed messages;
• Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus, but not required;
• A sense of humor; and
• We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal experience is a plus.
Travel Requirements – May require travel to and from Fortune Society’s LIC and Harlem offices for meetings and/or events.
May occasionally lift packages up to 25 lbs. as part of mailroom duties. Ability to visually identify visitors to the building and to communicate via conventional telephone and paging systems. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
Posted on 03/08/17; CVMHA ID #10807