See all job listings
Outreach Worker -Care Management Program
Center for Urban Community services
The Center for Urban Community Services (CUCS), a national leader in the development of effective housing and service initiatives invites applications for the Outreach Worker position in the Care Management Program. The Care Management program provides Health Home services to optimize the quality and efficiency of health care services received by the most at risk New Yorkers.
Health Homes play an integral role in improving behavioral and physical health outcomes for high users of Medicaid in New York State. This is an exciting time of growth for the Care Management program at CUCS. The program is expanding due to the large success of our Health Home service delivery toward improved health outcomes.
Description of Responsibilities-
The outreach worker is responsible for enrolling clients in the health home by outreaching, engaging, and providing information about the program to a diverse group of clients with varying physical and metal health disabilities. Outreach will be completed in the community, telephonically, and by mail. The position involves significant time spent independently in the community conducting outreach at potential participants’ homes in the boroughs of Manhattan and Brooklyn.
• Outreach worker 1 – HS Diploma and 2 year experience
• Outreach worker 2 – Bachelor’ degree or HS diploma and 4 years relevant experience
• Outreach worker 3- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years relevant experience or HS diploma and 6 years relevant experience
• For applicants without college degrees, every 30 credits can be substituted for 1 year of experience.
• Experience in outreach, recruitment, sales/marketing, or work with similar populations
• Demonstrate a high level of motivation as well as strong interpersonal and engagement skills.
• Ability to work independently in the community.
• Bilingual Spanish preferred
• Computer literacy required
Posted on 03/06/17; CVMHA ID #10793