See all job listings
The Fortune Society
Title: Outreach Worker
Reports to: Director of Admissions
Status: Full Time; Regular; Non-Exempt
Job Code: R352
Location: 5 boroughs, with central LIC office.
Days/Hours: Full week availability not to exceed 5 works days per week.
Date Prepared: February 23, 2017
Responsible for successfully conducting outreach (including disseminating outreach materials) throughout 5 boroughs. Must be willing to work weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Represent The Fortune Society and its core services in a professional manner at a variety of health fairs, community events, farmer’s markets, ect.;
• Collaboratively work with other community based organizations to link participants with SNAP;
• Must handout printed materials to individuals or to groups as part of presentations;
• Attend monthly SNAP taskforce meetings or any trainings related to SNAP eligibility;
• Follow a weekly field schedule from supervisor and provide daily and accurate reports of areas covered;
• Maintain inventory of outreach materials used in the field and accurately report to supervisor the specifics about materials used and areas covered;
• Able to identify potentially SNAP eligible individuals or households;
• Able to effectively organize and present information in group settings both formal and informal;
• Find/research outside organizations to network with in order to schedule pretentions;
• Able to work effectively both independently and collaboratively;
• Provide real time actionable recommendations on how to maximize outcomes for the program; and
• Perform other duties or tasks as directed.
• High school diploma or equivalent; college preferred;
• Bilingual: English/Spanish or English/Mandarin;
• Previous outreach experience preferred;
• Knowledge of entitlements & eligibility (specifically SNAP in NYC);
• Clear and concise communication skills, verbal and written;
• Basic computer skills, text messaging, e-mailing and internet navigation;
• Able to provide partner feedback to supervisor;
• Ability to find addresses, read maps, and arrive at specific locations in a timely manner; and
• We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal experience is a plus.
Travel Requirements – Travel as required (with printed material) to conduct outreach throughout the 5 boroughs.
Must be able to carry printed outreach materials and work outside. Able to stand in one location or walk around a specific area.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
Posted on 02/28/17; CVMHA ID #10778